Can i phone a Sainsburys store to see if they have a particular item in stock?

Found 27th Nov 2017
Question for anyone to answer: If i ring up a Sainsburys store could i ask if they a certain item in stock and how much it is? Does anyone else do this and succeeded? I've heard people do this with Tesco.

Thanks for reading and maybe answering
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Yes, they will check the stock and price
deleted800342
No you're not allowed.
just ring and ask!
chocci2 m ago

just ring and ask!

You say that, yet you liked the "No you're not allowed." comment....
Edited by: "Funky_DealFinder" 27th Nov 2017
Ask on Twitter, they can check all stores in your local area.
yes they can check - i've done it before
So the time it has taken you to write the post, leave a comfortable time for replies, come back and check the replies you could have rung the store up. Just saying!
A lot of supermarkets now you can no longer find the direct number, but instead it is usually an 08 number to a call centre.
postmang9 m ago

So the time it has taken you to write the post, leave a comfortable time …So the time it has taken you to write the post, leave a comfortable time for replies, come back and check the replies you could have rung the store up. Just saying!

Well with people saying different things i'm staying on the fence for now.
Edited by: "Funky_DealFinder" 27th Nov 2017
Google
just ring them, I often do that, they put you through to the correct department within the store - and then you wait for ages for an assistant to pick up the phone - and hope that they go and look for you .... but it does work! best one I did was for Toys R Us - they were really helpful and put an item aside for me (sale) for 24 hours - well worth my phone call! Google the store and see if there is a 'local' phone number.
joesmum2 m ago

just ring them, I often do that, they put you through to the correct …just ring them, I often do that, they put you through to the correct department within the store - and then you wait for ages for an assistant to pick up the phone - and hope that they go and look for you .... but it does work! best one I did was for Toys R Us - they were really helpful and put an item aside for me (sale) for 24 hours - well worth my phone call! Google the store and see if there is a 'local' phone number.

I have got the store number, so i'll ring them later.

Thanks for the useful info
deleted80034227th Nov 2017

No you're not allowed.

Jeepers Dex people are taking your sarcasm seriously now, what's the world coming to .....
deleted800342
tinkerbellian3 h, 54 m ago

Jeepers Dex people are taking your sarcasm seriously now, what's the world …Jeepers Dex people are taking your sarcasm seriously now, what's the world coming to .....

I thought everyone was aware it's totally illegal to ring stores and ask them about things they sell.
I regularly phone to check stock as my closest Sainsbury’s is a 25 min drive
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions