Can I put cava in suitcase?

Found 21st Dec 2012
I have 3 bottles of cava sparkling wine left which I want to put in my suitcase when we fly home tomorrow with easyjet.

Would they be ok to go in the hold or will the lack of pressure make the cork pop?
Community Updates
MiscSuitcaseWine
22 Comments
Forgetting about pressure issues, have you ever seen how the baggage handlers handle suitcases with care X)
you'll probably end up with it all over your suitcase,as woolym has said they don't exactly handle with care. more like they just chuck your suitcase into a cage ans chuck 20 odd more on top!
You caaaan, but it will leak before you can drink it.
I brought a bottle of red wine wrapped in me pillow for the journey over and it was fine
Sounds like its gonna be a big night tonight then
CAVA is it **** worth it
I've just come back from Brasil where I had 4 flights to get back home, including Rome where they probably punish a bag worse than normal. I had a bottle of Brasilian Prosecco (ok, it can't be Prosecco if it's from Brasil but that's another story) and a bottle of Cognac (costs £2 for a litre and is good enough for cooking with). Both I wrapped inside some clothes and were absolutely fine when finally got back to Edinburgh. So just be careful how you put them in the suitcase but should be absolutely fine.
wrap them in a towel, so if the worst happens at least that will soak it up.... dont have them near the edges, firmly in the middle and wrapped like a fragile butterfly wing

and you have a chance
mutley1 it should be fine, just wrap them up well.
I bring back bottles of Vodka from Spain on a regular basis, no problem.

(1 ) Make sure the tops are on tight.

(2) Wrap them individually in old towels etc.

(3) Put them inside a carrier bag, just in case there is any seepage.
I wouldn't risk it - the cargo hold is not pressurised in the same way as the cabins, they are very likely to explode. Hand luggage!
churchill

CAVA is it **** worth it

^^^^^^ This for me. X)
It should be ok. It's not like the luggage is thrown around or anything to make it fizz up!

And it cannot be taken as hand luggage because of terrorism fears. Why not just drink it?
Muttles, I could think of much better drinks to bring back than cava - you can get that pretty much on offer over here most of the time, is it really worth the extra weight etc.
maccy1

Muttles, I could think of much better drinks to bring back than cava - … Muttles, I could think of much better drinks to bring back than cava - you can get that pretty much on offer over here most of the time, is it really worth the extra weight etc.

The weight of crappy CAVA, id rather risk bringing back Heroin and making a few quid
guv

It should be ok. It's not like the luggage is thrown around or anything … It should be ok. It's not like the luggage is thrown around or anything to make it fizz up!And it cannot be taken as hand luggage because of terrorism fears. Why not just drink it?

Not even I can drink that much Cava surely you would explode before finishing
Actually, I was thinking more on the lines of a nice brandy, whiskey etc if he drinks them.
Yes.
maccy1

Actually, I was thinking more on the lines of a nice brandy, whiskey etc … Actually, I was thinking more on the lines of a nice brandy, whiskey etc if he drinks them.

yOU WERE THINKING hEROIN JUST LIKE ME
Well i am bringing 2 bottles of portuguese cava and 2 bottles of beer in the suitcase. I'll let you know the outcome.
Waste not what not. :-)
for the sceptics amongst you, the 2 bottles of cava and 2 bottles of beers were fine in the checked suitcase.

i wrapped them in newspaper then in a towel and they were fine. although i thought they broke as it was raining when we landed in the uk so the bags were wet when we picked them up. phew....:)
mutley1

for the sceptics amongst you, the 2 bottles of cava and 2 bottles of … for the sceptics amongst you, the 2 bottles of cava and 2 bottles of beers were fine in the checked suitcase.i wrapped them in newspaper then in a towel and they were fine. although i thought they broke as it was raining when we landed in the uk so the bags were wet when we picked them up. phew....:)

phew indeed.
Thanks for the update.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants