Groups
    EXPIRED

Can I re-use an unmarked stamp?

Hello

I have received a jiffy bag with a part I had ordered but they have sent the wrong part and need to send it back.

The 1st Large Stamp on the Jiffy bag has no marks on it (usually they stamp them once they have been used). Can i just pop this back into the postbox using the original stamp?

19 Comments

if its not been franked then yes

Banned

No. Each stamp is different and the people at the post office will know if they've seen it before.

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

No. Each stamp is different and the people at the post office will know … No. Each stamp is different and the people at the post office will know if they've seen it before.

Honestly

Original Poster

Cool, not that I will be using it again but good to know (_;)

Legally no, but if its not been franked then they cant/wont know.

I used to buy them in bulk on ebay like that. Not anymore though as about half our post is now unfranked!

mds1256

Cool, not that I will be using it again but good to know (_;)

Wait wait wait... So why are you asking?

Banned

mds1256

Honestly

It's true - my uncles brothers son used to work there. They all have tiny differences to them and they employ people to check and remember each one. If they see the same one twice, they call the police.

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 9th Jun 2011

Original Poster

krazie2004

Wait wait wait... So why are you asking?

I said this so the FBI / CIA won't come and find me lol

I heard from a different thread that they have started to use clear franking, so check carefully.

Don't they sometimes use a transparent (UV) franking these days? Stick it under a UV light to make sure its not franked.

Original Poster

jah128

Don't they sometimes use a transparent (UV) franking these days? Stick … Don't they sometimes use a transparent (UV) franking these days? Stick it under a UV light to make sure its not franked.

Will do, maybe I should just buy a stamp lol

Don't be a tight asre and throw it in the bin. I know this is a bargain money saving consumer site but penny pinching in this way is laughable

Original Poster

simplyjimbo

Don't be a tight asre and throw it in the bin. I know this is a bargain … Don't be a tight asre and throw it in the bin. I know this is a bargain money saving consumer site but penny pinching in this way is laughable

Thanks for your very helpful advice on this matter

Original Poster

Thank you everyone for the contributions apart from 'simplyjimbo'

Eek, I reuse stamps all the time... had no idea about sneaky franking. Must buy stamps.

Banned

mds1256

Thank you everyone for the contributions apart from 'simplyjimbo'

Yeah Jimbo! Take this seriously!
    Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 9th Jun 2011

It's the same as asking if you can slip a Mars bar into your pocket when you're standing at the kiosk at your local shop. You can do it, and although it is illegal, there won't be any legal ramifications for it because the amount is too small. You'd still be a dirty thief, though.

dxx

It's the same as asking if you can slip a Mars bar into your pocket when … It's the same as asking if you can slip a Mars bar into your pocket when you're standing at the kiosk at your local shop. You can do it, and although it is illegal, there won't be any legal ramifications for it because the amount is too small. You'd still be a dirty thief, though.

Now I feel bad. But I did give a little old lady (a stranger I see walking that route regularly) a lift into town today. Does that counter it?

Banned

dxx

It's the same as asking if you can slip a Mars bar into your pocket when … It's the same as asking if you can slip a Mars bar into your pocket when you're standing at the kiosk at your local shop. You can do it, and although it is illegal, there won't be any legal ramifications for it because the amount is too small. You'd still be a dirty thief, though.

Stamps are made of paper. Mars bars are made of chocolate. Where's the comparison?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …147347
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764524
    3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1742
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523414

See more discussions