Can I refund from game if I open the package?

31 replies
Found 26th Dec 2016
Hi I bought a controller at Game and I opened the package today finding out my pc wont connect the controller, can I still refund the item and give back the item back to game tomorrow?

Above is lies

Op just doesn't like it after using it a while
- chocci

31 Comments

very much doubt it unless the manager is your dad

Original Poster

omarmahmood

very much doubt it unless the manager is your dad

but on the receipt it says you can return it before 30 days ?

simonlo_

but on the receipt it says you can return it before 30 days ?

Yes...but unopened

I assume that it had a seal that's now broken? If so, unless it's actually defective, I expect that you'd have difficulty in obtaining a refund, I'm afraid.

have you tried trouble shooting the issue?

what5 controller is it bud

Original Poster

alizi1

Yes...but unopened

the guy who served me the controller open the god dam box for me so yh its open before i even bought it **** this guy who served me if he dont beleive me i just say watch cctv from yesterday. GG

No chance . When I have bought games on the past I Alana's ask about refund policy and they always say only if seal is unbroken

That excuse may actually work

The people saying "No" are misreading the question; if you open a GAME there is no refund, hardware is different, as long as it is undamaged and in the original packaging, they will take it back.

But as post #5, have you researched the product and looked for other users with the same issue - and if they managed to fix it.
If it is marketed as PC compatible, it is VERY rare for it not to work these days.

Op, have you actually installed the drivers for the controller? Even xbox controllers need a driver downloading from Microsoft to be able to work on a Windows system.?

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

The people saying "No" are misreading the question; if you open a GAME … The people saying "No" are misreading the question; if you open a GAME there is no refund, hardware is different, as long as it is undamaged and in the original packaging, they will take it back.But as post #5, have you researched the product and looked for other users with the same issue - and if they managed to fix it.If it is marketed as PC compatible, it is VERY rare for it not to work these days.

ok i lied the controller did work but i dont like it its the steam controller its sooo fking bad the tocuhpad gave me aids for reals. What excuse should I say? i cant think of anything LOOOOL but yh the guy who served me open the god dam case for me and let em hold the controller and i even said 'is this new or used' he said new SURE GG BRO im so done...

Original Poster

mo4g_777

No chance . When I have bought games on the past I Alana's ask about … No chance . When I have bought games on the past I Alana's ask about refund policy and they always say only if seal is unbroken

its not a game bro

simonlo_

ok i lied the controller did work but i dont like it its the steam … ok i lied the controller did work but i dont like it its the steam controller its sooo fking bad the tocuhpad gave me aids for reals. What excuse should I say? i cant think of anything LOOOOL but yh the guy who served me open the god dam case for me and let em hold the controller and i even said 'is this new or used' he said new SURE GG BRO im so done...

Just say it doesnt work properly with Steam; you may have to accept a credit note for the store, but otherwise, if they try to say no, point out that it is "Not Fit For Purpose"; that should be enough to jolt them into either a refund, exchange or credit note.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Just say it doesnt work properly with Steam; you may have to accept a … Just say it doesnt work properly with Steam; you may have to accept a credit note for the store, but otherwise, if they try to say no, point out that it is "Not Fit For Purpose"; that should be enough to jolt them into either a refund, exchange or credit note.

hi thank you. What do you mean 'NFFP'? What does that mean? Anyway 110% chance the staff will say 'have you opened the box' I say no, then I say the box already been open by one of your staff blah blah blah then if they dont believe me I say re wing your cctcv lol.

simonlo_

hi thank you. What do you mean 'NFFP'? What does that mean? Anyway 110% … hi thank you. What do you mean 'NFFP'? What does that mean? Anyway 110% chance the staff will say 'have you opened the box' I say no, then I say the box already been open by one of your staff blah blah blah then if they dont believe me I say re wing your cctcv lol.

It is a key phrase from the sale of goods act, a product has to be "Fit for purpose"; if it isnt, they have to take it back and refund you.

take it back and explain that it doesn't work and see what they say. it'll be either a credit note, a replacement or if your lucky a refund. on the chance they refuse to do anything then just sell it privately and don't buy anything from there again.

or exchange it for a xbox one controller

they are normally happy to exchange to something else cos that way they still get to keep your money.

Of course you can return it, it's not fit for purpose. Under the consumer rights act you will get an exchange or a credit note. The store is NOT required to refund you.

simonlo_

ok i lied the controller did work but i dont like it its the steam … ok i lied the controller did work but i dont like it its the steam controller its sooo fking bad the tocuhpad gave me aids for reals. What excuse should I say? i cant think of anything LOOOOL but yh the guy who served me open the god dam case for me and let em hold the controller and i even said 'is this new or used' he said new SURE GG BRO im so done...

​Engrish?

McNabFish

​Engrish?

​He got AIDS from a game controller. .... apparently

Your could also try not being a lying ****?

AStonedRaichu

Of course you can return it, it's not fit for purpose. Under the consumer … Of course you can return it, it's not fit for purpose. Under the consumer rights act you will get an exchange or a credit note. The store is NOT required to refund you.

I agree with you on that, he said theres a 30 days return policy, as its in store they legally don't have to refund if unless theres a fault or you have a good argument they've been missold the product, a credit note may be all they offer but a cash refund is unlikely

simonlo_

What an idiot

Sure you will get a refund. apart from the fact you didn't open it yourself, theres every chance as it won't connect it could be defective.

wolf47wolf

Sure you will get a refund. apart from the fact you didn't open it … Sure you will get a refund. apart from the fact you didn't open it yourself, theres every chance as it won't connect it could be defective.

See comment #12 - there's nothing wrong with the controller.

Just go in, spout the same lies and gibberish as you've done here, you'll be removed by security, and that'll be that.

Illusionary

See comment #12 - there's nothing wrong with the controller.

​except for the fact the shop unboxed it, a conversation about its suitability probably ensued in that respect and it was sold as being appropriate on that basis .

when tried - it didn't work. If hardware had no issues (pc it was bought for), according to trading standards 'not fit for purpose'.

refund

Isnt the controller £15 in store at present? I feel you have wasted more than £15 of peoples time with this.

wolf47wolf

​except for the fact the shop unboxed it, a conversation about its s … ​except for the fact the shop unboxed it, a conversation about its suitability probably ensued in that respect and it was sold as being appropriate on that basis . when tried - it didn't work. If hardware had no issues (pc it was bought for), according to trading standards 'not fit for purpose'.refund

I think you need to read the OPs comments.

It DID work, he simply doesn't like it.

Where does the OP say he had a discussion with the staff member regarding suitability.....?

andynicol

I think you need to read the OPs comments.It DID work, he simply doesn't … I think you need to read the OPs comments.It DID work, he simply doesn't like it.Where does the OP say he had a discussion with the staff member regarding suitability.....?

​I've just read this in entirely, see a post above as you mentioned. I'm not interested in this nonsense any more and agree with you.

Theres tons of things I've had that I changed my mind on, but wouldn't bring back on that basis. The story seems to vary from the original post alot.

Nonsensical stuff here op hope you're refund worked out.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…13
    2. Hope of a cure for asthma58
    3. hotukdeals features in current edition of computer active magazine612
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247595

See more discussions