Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Can I request for my "moved to discussion" "deals" to be just deleted?

Posted 19th Sep
Nobody will benefit from them if they aren't in deals I don't think, so would prefer them to just be deleted.

I don't post them as discussions, I post them as deals for members to benefit from.

Prime example my OnePlus bullets V2 that I posted earlier on, it's apparently an RRP price of £15.99, but the v1 are the same price, and so is a deal to me.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
jayhutton1019/09/2019 09:51

Followers will still see them in discussion though as will people who …Followers will still see them in discussion though as will people who subscribed when it was a deal. Its a bit different for me as pretty much the only people interested in my deals follow me as its a relatively niche market

I pretty much disagree with that, I don't post deals for just my followers though, I post deals for the site in general, and want everyone, not just my followers to benefit.

I never subscribe to any deal personally.
27 Comments
Followers will still see them in discussion though as will people who subscribed when it was a deal. Its a bit different for me as pretty much the only people interested in my deals follow me as its a relatively niche market

Followers will still see them in discussion though as will people who …Followers will still see them in discussion though as will people who subscribed when it was a deal. Its a bit different for me as pretty much the only people interested in my deals follow me as its a relatively niche market

I pretty much disagree with that, I don't post deals for just my followers though, I post deals for the site in general, and want everyone, not just my followers to benefit.

I never subscribe to any deal personally.
MrSwitch19/09/2019 09:53

I pretty much disagree with that, I don't post deals for just my followers …I pretty much disagree with that, I don't post deals for just my followers though, I post deals for the site in general, and want everyone, not just my followers to benefit. I never subscribe to any deal personally.

Sorry, I meant that people who had commented on it when it was a deal will still see it as they are automatically subscribed. I don't post deals just for followers to benefit either and haven't had any moved to discussion sorry, it's been a long night and I'm not explaining it very well.
jayhutton1019/09/2019 09:56

Sorry, I meant that people who had commented on it when it was a deal will …Sorry, I meant that people who had commented on it when it was a deal will still see it as they are automatically subscribed. I don't post deals just for followers to benefit either and haven't had any moved to discussion sorry, it's been a long night and I'm not explaining it very well.

I've chosen to unsubscibe from deals even when I make a comment, that's what I meant. If I subscribed to every deal, I'd have a million notifications a day.

I did understand what you mean though.
Edited by: "MrSwitch" 19th Sep
come on get a grip, you say you want to help people but rather than help the few that would see them you want to delete them helping noone?
dont agree with megathreads in discussions ofc but thats different
brilly19/09/2019 10:39

come on get a grip, you say you want to help people but rather than help …come on get a grip, you say you want to help people but rather than help the few that would see them you want to delete them helping noone?dont agree with megathreads in discussions ofc but thats different

You have your opinion, but I'm not here to post deals in discussions, and would prefer it if they changed the rule and just deleted them altogether.

Hujd think RRP deals are worthless, and will benefit no one, so I'd rather they were just taken off site, that is all. It's clearly not worth it as a deal to hukd, so won't help anyone.

You have 41 followers. Mrswitch has in 1000s .
Never thought of following him
Could I follow you on insta or fb?
Misslovely19/09/2019 11:00

You have 41 followers. Mrswitch has in 1000s . Never thought of following …You have 41 followers. Mrswitch has in 1000s . Never thought of following him Could I follow you on insta or fb?

You might be disappointed
41?! I've lost one
brilly19/09/2019 10:39

come on get a grip, you say you want to help people but rather than help …come on get a grip, you say you want to help people but rather than help the few that would see them you want to delete them helping noone?dont agree with megathreads in discussions ofc but thats different

It's you who needs to get a grip talking to Mr Switch like that!!!! He has nearly helped every single one of us. We all appreciate him.
jayhutton1019/09/2019 11:04

You might be disappointed 41?! I've lost one

Me, only joking! 42, now following you

Though I have a strong habit of unfollowing people in general, in fact i think I only follow 3 people, now 4 obviously
MrSwitch19/09/2019 11:06

Me, only joking! 42, now following you

Aww thanks, I knew that pen went to a good home. Hope you like obscure board games
Misslovely19/09/2019 11:06

It's you who needs to get a grip talking to Mr Switch like that!!!! He has …It's you who needs to get a grip talking to Mr Switch like that!!!! He has nearly helped every single one of us. We all appreciate him.

you need to get a grip, i appreciate what he does but thats irrelevant really

he now wont do megathreads as know they will get moved - fine
hes asking for existing ones to be removed so they can help noone - stampy feet

as this is in discussions noone will see this thread so there will be no replies... oh
better to have pm'd prolly
brilly19/09/2019 11:13

you need to get a grip, i appreciate what he does but thats irrelevant …you need to get a grip, i appreciate what he does but thats irrelevant reallyhe now wont do megathreads as know they will get moved - finehes asking for existing ones to be removed so they can help noone - stampy feetas this is in discussions noone will see this thread so there will be no replies... ohbetter to have pm'd prolly

You know fine well a pm to anyone on this site for personal discussions takes days to get replied to, so a conversation takes a week or more.

I'm not stamping my feet, but there are that many discussions going on at anytime that deals from me, will get lost in the myriad of it all.

Better to be deleted in my opinion.
MrSwitch19/09/2019 11:16

You know fine well a pm to anyone on this site for personal discussions …You know fine well a pm to anyone on this site for personal discussions takes days to get replied to, so a conversation takes a week or more. I'm not stamping my feet, but there are that many discussions going on at anytime that deals from me, will get lost in the myriad of it all. Better to be deleted in my opinion.

if noone sees it then why does it need deleted?
how would people know it was deleted if they never saw it in the first place?
brilly19/09/2019 11:20

if noone sees it then why does it need deleted?how would people know it …if noone sees it then why does it need deleted?how would people know it was deleted if they never saw it in the first place?

They wouldn't, so if it gets removed then no-one has seen it.

They are just clogging things up, 3 discussions have been created this morning from non deals, and no one comments on them, my OnePlus deal only got commented on when it was in deals, nothing since, so it's just pointless they are there
MrSwitch19/09/2019 11:23

They wouldn't, so if it gets removed then no-one has seen it. …They wouldn't, so if it gets removed then no-one has seen it. (confused)They are just clogging things up, 3 discussions have been created this morning from non deals, and no one comments on them, my OnePlus deal only got commented on when it was in deals, nothing since, so it's just pointless they are there

clogging up what? theres nothing to see here you said
brilly19/09/2019 11:24

clogging up what? theres nothing to see here you said

As ever, it would appear to be nothing more than an ongoing case of chronic narcissism.
PR0METHEUS19/09/2019 12:11

As ever, it would appear to be nothing more than an ongoing case of …As ever, it would appear to be nothing more than an ongoing case of chronic narcissism.

Hardly.
PR0METHEUS19/09/2019 12:13

Certainly.

Sorry, but you can't make that assumption if you don't know me, have a fine day
MrSwitch19/09/2019 12:19

Sorry, but you can't make that assumption if you don't know me, have a …Sorry, but you can't make that assumption if you don't know me, have a fine day

I have seen more than enough comments and threads seeking validation, attention and praise to reach that conclusion. It's OK though.
PR0METHEUS19/09/2019 12:27

I have seen more than enough comments and threads seeking validation, …I have seen more than enough comments and threads seeking validation, attention and praise to reach that conclusion. It's OK though.

I think you have me all wrong, it's OK though
MrSwitch19/09/2019 12:31

I think you have me all wrong, it's OK though

Of course, it might not be something that you recognise in yourself, but may be worth reflecting on in a quiet moment when not online.
next time save the arguments and post in feedback and @magicjay1986 will respond, from whats been said in the past they don't delete threads but who knows.
PR0METHEUS19/09/2019 12:35

Of course, it might not be something that you recognise in yourself, but …Of course, it might not be something that you recognise in yourself, but may be worth reflecting on in a quiet moment when not online.

OK then.
Yup, I just posted a deal for '2.5GB Free Samples for the budding musician in us all' and its been moved to discussions. It's a good FREE deal and not a discussion! Been using this site for a while now and didnt even know there was a 'discussions' part of the site doh.
Deals clearly don’t belong in discussion and it’s another way HuKDs have made a mockery of their own site. It’s a mess. Not sure why anyone is happy with it. They talk about community yet they undermined their own community.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants