Groups

Can I restore my PC to take all my personal files off without a restore or vista disc?

As above.. Any ideas?

5 Comments

What is it you are actually trying to do? returning your computer to factory setting? or deleting your personal files permanently?

Original Poster

nomeames;7463233

What is it you are actually trying to do? returning your computer to … What is it you are actually trying to do? returning your computer to factory setting? or deleting your personal files permanently?

Deleting all personal files permanently :thumbsup:

wonkey;7463287

Deleting all personal files permanently :thumbsup:

I use Ashampoo's ]Win Optimizer to permanently delete files.

If you are selling your computer or giving it away, try permanent file delete followed by restoring factory settings.(Restoring factory setting depends on computer make and model. Some needs OS CD and some doesn't.

Original Poster

nomeames;7463517

I use Ashampoo's ]Win Optimizer to permanently delete files. If you are … I use Ashampoo's ]Win Optimizer to permanently delete files. If you are selling your computer or giving it away, try permanent file delete followed by restoring factory settings.(Restoring factory setting depends on computer make and model. Some needs OS CD and some doesn't.

Thanks, wasnt looking to pay to do it. i might just use system restore. Its a dell vostro btw :thumbsup:

wonkey;7463672

Thanks, wasnt looking to pay to do it. i might just use system restore. … Thanks, wasnt looking to pay to do it. i might just use system restore. Its a dell vostro btw :thumbsup:

I didn't have to pay for my Winoptimizer. You get 40 days free trial and by the end of it if you don't renew they will offer you a free upgrade. They always do. They did atleast in my case. (I guess it has reduced finctionalities but it does what I want from it including permanently deleting files);-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1620
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      3. What laptop to choose?11
      4. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33

See more discussions