Can I retake my driving test even though I've passed?

75 replies
Found 6th Jan
I'd like to re-take my driving test. I passed in 2010, when I was 17. But I went to an easy test centre and would like to try it again at a 'harder' test centre.

Can I do this?

75 Comments

No, but you can take extra lessons for refresher/motorway driving etc or take an advanced driving test

you could probably get a driving instructor to do a mock one.

maybe better off doing an advanced driving course with ROSPA/ IAM test at the end if wanted to test yourself?
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 6th Jan

Original Poster

BeerDrinker

No, but you can take extra lessons for refresher/motorway driving etc or … No, but you can take extra lessons for refresher/motorway driving etc or take an advanced driving test

What's an advanced driving test? Mate, I'm not saying i'm the best driver. But I've not had any accidents, or near comes yet thank God.

I've just come across a lot of people that say there are certain test centre that are too hard to pass. I want a challenge really.

What would you do if you failed it

An easy test centre , are you for real ?

Original Poster

mrwhitelabel

you could probably get a driving instructor to do a mock one.maybe better … you could probably get a driving instructor to do a mock one.maybe better off doing an advanced driving course with IAM test at the end if wanted to test yourself?

I want an actual official test. Can I do it if i've lost my licence? lol

Original Poster

Bradleigh

An easy test centre , are you for real ?

I am for real, I went to a test centre in the country. Not a car in sight, but I had to wait for a tractor to cross the damn country lane.

Most driving instructors should be able to give you a mock driving test, but the only official tests in think you can take are the advanced driver tests ran which iirc arent ran by the dvla.

By easy test centre what do you mean?
The only difference between centres are the examiners and the roads.
You could go to the worst pass rate place and have the best examiner and a load of traffic making it easy. Just like you could go for the highest past rate place and get the worst examiner and horrible road conditions and users.
Edited by: "joedastudd" 6th Jan

Original Poster

archer1204

What would you do if you failed it

Re-take it lol

What are you trying to prove? And on what evidence do you base your theory that you had an easy test centre?

Original Poster

joedastudd

Most driving instructors should be able to give you a mock driving test, … Most driving instructors should be able to give you a mock driving test, but the only official tests in think you can take are the advanced driver tests ran which iirc any ran by the dvla.By easy test centre what do you mean?The only difference between centres are the examiners and the roads.You could go to the worst pass rate place and have the best examiner and a load of traffic making it easy. Just like you could go for the highest past rate place and get the worst examiner and horrible road conditions and users.

I understand what you mean. I don't believe in easy or hard test centres. But I believe, from experience, Central London is proper urban driving. Wherehas say, Lampeter in Wales is easy

Original Poster

philhib1964

What are you trying to prove? And on what evidence do you base your … What are you trying to prove? And on what evidence do you base your theory that you had an easy test centre?

Take a look at Lampeter, Wales test routes. You'll know what I mean if you've been to the country.

I recommend going for a RoSPA Gold accreditation, it's very difficult to get you have to be exceptionally good to pass. BTW I haven't passed. Just a suggestion.

Why? ???

If you've got money to burn do it. Why not.

You can also take a pass plus course if that still exists. I did it for insurance purposes but it was pretty good anyway.

Original Poster

Niz

You can also take a pass plus course if that still exists. I did it for … You can also take a pass plus course if that still exists. I did it for insurance purposes but it was pretty good anyway.

I was advised of that, but I wanted to get on road as quick as possible.

WestMidlands

I understand what you mean. I don't believe in easy or hard test centres. … I understand what you mean. I don't believe in easy or hard test centres. But I believe, from experience, Central London is proper urban driving. Wherehas say, Lampeter in Wales is easy

​Having spent four years driving around central London I would say this is probably easier. Plenty of time to think when you are averaging about 3 miles per hour and no chance of a stray sheep or deer leaping out in front of you.

I must admit i've had a few ciders myself but i thought it said "can i re take my driving test even though i'm pi55ed " when i first read it .X)
Edited by: "apocalypsenow" 6th Jan

WestMidlands

I was advised of that, but I wanted to get on road as quick as possible.

Why does that not allow you to get on the road asap? Just tell them you want lots of busy town driving during rush hour, that should do it! Then you have all the distracted school run mums to deal with.

I think you can take an advanced driving test. I recollect something like this, but i may be wrong as my memory is not exactly reliable.

WestMidlands

Take a look at Lampeter, Wales test routes. You'll know what I mean if … Take a look at Lampeter, Wales test routes. You'll know what I mean if you've been to the country.

​You still dont say what you are trying to prove. We all know the real lessons start when you start driving for real and not during lessons or the test?

Why do you think driving round for 30 minutes or whatever it is and performing a few maneuvers is going to improve your driving? More could be achieved by driving to a supermarket, reverse parking and driving home. A driving test is a test, it isn't designed to help you improve your driving. If you don't think you are fit to drive then have some more lesson, sit in the car with someone else etc.

Original Poster

apocalypsenow

I must admit i've had a few ciders myself but i thought it said "can i re … I must admit i've had a few ciders myself but i thought it said "can i re take my driving test even though i'm pi55ed " when i first read it .X)

hehe

take a HGV or a trailer test

apocalypsenow

I must admit i've had a few ciders myself but i thought it said "can i re … I must admit i've had a few ciders myself but i thought it said "can i re take my driving test even though i'm pi55ed " when i first read it .X)

​lol

The simple answer is no you can't. End of... next!

try the london black cab test, it might take you a few attempts ?

Maybe if you drink about 15 pints of strong lager, then go racing around your nearest town centre on a Saturday evening until you either a) crash or b) get pulled over by plod, or c) both, and then when you've had your day in court and been handed an eighteen month driving ban and been made to take a re-test you can book a much harder test centre sometime in the summer of 2018?

Try the London bus test.

if you want a challenge sit your hgv class 1

Original Poster

Dyslexic_Dog

Maybe if you drink about 15 pints of strong lager, then go racing around … Maybe if you drink about 15 pints of strong lager, then go racing around your nearest town centre on a Saturday evening until you either a) crash or b) get pulled over by plod, or c) both, and then when you've had your day in court and been handed an eighteen month driving ban and been made to take a re-test you can book a much harder test centre sometime in the summer of 2018?

haha

then look forward to earning £1200 a week inc vat and leasing a new 200 series mercedes

Original Poster

tomminator

if you want a challenge sit your hgv class 1

I am considering this

What a retarded question

waste of time, go buy a car and start driving its where most of the learning comes from

I would say if u like a challenge take c1+ or something similar to be able to drive ambulances to busses to lorries

WestMidlands

Re-take it lol

But you would lose your full licence until you passed again.

This must be a troll question! If you want further testing become an advanced driver or something. Passing a driving test means nothing about driving. The real test is being able to drive confidently/safely and progressively on the UKs roads!

If you want to test your driving skills, Do a track day?.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PlayStation VR 222
    2. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold66
    3. WHAT HOT TUB OR WHIRLPOOL BATH IS THIS?!11
    4. help plz cant find the topcashback hallowen thread22

See more discussions