Groups

Can I return a console to asda

Nothing wrong it, just a change of mind by my daughter - it's for her birthday. It's a dsi. Does anyone know if I can return this to asda, or at least change the colour? Bought within 2 weeks.

Thanks

16 Comments

is it open? if not i dont see why not.

If fully sealed yes.

If sealed broken, no..... unless it was faulty...
    Edited by: "RickT" 6th Jan 2011

Original Poster

box wasn't fully sealed to start with but closed and I've not opened it, box hasn't been touched and it's not even been out of asda bag since bought. Heard some stores can be fussy accepting returns with video camera products.

catherinenewell

box wasn't fully sealed to start with but closed and I've not opened it, … box wasn't fully sealed to start with but closed and I've not opened it, box hasn't been touched and it's not even been out of asda bag since bought. Heard some stores can be fussy accepting returns with video camera products.

I would not of purchased any item like that if it had already been opened.

All you can do is try.

Ring asda and ask?

Supermod

Just check their returns policy.

dsi's arent sealed. I recently got myself a Dsi XL and my daughter got a dsi from ASDA for xmas (not sealed)
    Edited by: "bargainhunter2009" 6th Jan 2011

Yes you can return / exchange @ ASDA within 4 weeks (Unopened / with receipt), if they say its been opened just say "that's how it came - I've not touched it". Be easier to exchange rather than return I would imagine
    Edited by: "Johnboy_1975" 6th Jan 2011

Banned

Do you have the receipt

Original Poster

was able to return tonight. When I looked did have a clear seal on side, no probs, thanks for advice everyone, just thought they might not as argos refuse to accept returns of anything with camera capability unless there's a fault.

catherinenewell

was able to return tonight. When I looked did have a clear seal on side, … was able to return tonight. When I looked did have a clear seal on side, no probs, thanks for advice everyone, just thought they might not as argos refuse to accept returns of anything with camera capability unless there's a fault.

Which is why so many of them mysteriously break

exchange is easier than refund x

doesnt matter if it is opened you get 28 days change of mind with receipt and are entitled to a full refund - most dsi's from asda are not sealed anyway just have a circle shaped sticker on which can easily be peeled off and replaced customer services will open box anyway and check all contents are there and then give you a refund or exchange - i work on customer services at asda. x

just seen you have already taken it back! ahh well info on return still there for future reference or if anyone else need to know! x

karinaj

doesnt matter if it is opened you get 28 days change of mind with receipt … doesnt matter if it is opened you get 28 days change of mind with receipt and are entitled to a full refund - most dsi's from asda are not sealed anyway just have a circle shaped sticker on which can easily be peeled off and replaced customer services will open box anyway and check all contents are there and then give you a refund or exchange - i work on customer services at asda. x

Karinaj I have a quick question about asda refunds for sealed items.

Do customers have to return the item back to the store that they bought from or can they go to any asda store?

Thanks

Legally they don't have to give you a refund if you simply changed your mind. I don't have an Asda near me so I don't know what their return policy is - however most of the big companies will offer a 28 day refund.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?1315
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927365
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767287
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346

See more discussions