Can I return a faulty Xbox 360 to Amazon UK after 9 months?

Found 30th Jan 2009
Bought it April 2008 and it has stopped working. I know I can send it to Microsoft but I don't want to if I don't have to. I know Amazon have a 30 days return policy but this is irrelevant as I have heard retailers are supposed to replace an item if it breaks within it's estimated life span (or something like that!) and I would hope an Xbox has an estimated life span of over 9 months!
Any knowledge on the subject is greatly appreciated.

9 Comments

The sale of goods act rests with the company that sold the item to you (amazon) not microsoft.:thumbsup:

would be far more easier to send back to microsoft than amazon
mircosoft will send you a box and send ups round to pick it up.
about a 14days if you wait for a box.
if you have your own box its about a 10days
and a free month of live

You could sent it to amazon but all they will do is send it to microsoft, so cut out the middleman and sent it directly to microsoft.

will be fixed quicker that way

F4RR3LL;4231354

You could sent it to amazon but all they will do is send it to microsoft, … You could sent it to amazon but all they will do is send it to microsoft, so cut out the middleman and sent it directly to microsoft.will be fixed quicker that way

True on both replies but it is important to be aware of the sale of goods act in such cases as the purchaser has the right to ask for a replacment if the repair of the item is beyond a reasonable time.

mikebike;4231460

True on both replies but it is important to be aware of the sale of goods … True on both replies but it is important to be aware of the sale of goods act in such cases as the purchaser has the right to ask for a replacment if the repair of the item is beyond a reasonable time.

Whats reasonable?

Send it to amazon, they sold it so it's their responsibility. Try asking for a refund, they sometimes oblige then rebuy cheaper.
Reasonable time is generally 28 days.

Titchimp;4231497

Whats reasonable?

There is no definition of a reasonable time but the general thought is 2 weeks

Original Poster

Thanks everyone.
Firstly, they told me to call Microsoft, I said I had and that Microsoft had said that it would probably need replacing (they had actually said repairing :oops:) so nice lady at Amazon said they would replace or refund. DHL will pick it up and apparently I am going to get a new machine - I actually asked if I was going to get a NEW one and she said "of course".
Much better option that sending it to Microsoft.
[COLOR="Indigo"]Special thanks to Mikebike who was the wind beneath my wings! :thumbsup:[/COLOR]

I have attempted to contact amazon to find out how i return a faulty Thumbs up clock which has stopped working after 37 days. What do you suggest i try?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition811047
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
    3. Enter to win an iPhone X Anker competition33
    4. Win £500 worth of goods from RAF Museum's shop66

See more discussions