can I return a free bluray player to John Lewis ?

I've just ordered a Samsung ks8000 and got a free bluray player which retails for £299.99 for free as part of a bundle even though my order confirmation shows it costing £299.99. Anyone know if I'll be able to return it and get a refund ?

24 Comments

no. you didn't pay for it. It was given as a FREE gift.

Original Poster

Thought so , but thought I'd double check. Fleabay it is then !

if it works I'm doing that let me know thanks

Original Poster

bracey100

if it works I'm doing that let me know thanks

I'll ask them on Saturday when I collect from store but I'm fairly certain it won't work.

wud be good if it did I need a new TV

Yes you are able to return it but they will be unable to provide any kind of monetary refund. Instead they will just take it off your hands.

and i'll quite happily take off of you, and i wont charge for the service

I'll give u a fiver for it

I recently got a free £60 wine gift voucher and as I don't drink can I use the prepaid envelope to send it back and just ask for the money instead?

Yes I have tried to shove it up there but it hurts so much from the last time!
Edited by: "sowotsdis" 12th Jan

Surely just asking yourself this question should kick in how silly it sounds... If that was ever going to be an option they would just sell the TV for £299.99 less. They do it normally when they're trying to shift a TV that is due a price drop by adding in a freebie (eg blu ray player) that would never sell for its full price anyway.

Yea, you can return it for the amount you paid for it...

Original Poster

JohnnyRoller

Surely just asking yourself this question should kick in how silly it … Surely just asking yourself this question should kick in how silly it sounds... If that was ever going to be an option they would just sell the TV for £299.99 less. They do it normally when they're trying to shift a TV that is due a price drop by adding in a freebie (eg blu ray player) that would never sell for its full price anyway.

My order process was a bit different to normal as it was over the phone and the bundle wasn't calculated like it would be online. My emailed receipt shows I have paid the full price for tv and bluray even though the guy on the phone confirmed I won't be charged for the bluray.but yes , your right it probably is a silly question !

Try it. What's the worse thing that could happen? They'll say no, you take your shiny new blu ray home and flog it off

No, you can not return it unless if you return whole bundle. If I get something free and I dont need it, I'd sell it

hi this blueray player you gave me for free can i give it you back and … hi this blueray player you gave me for free can i give it you back and have 300 quid instead please thank you

it does sound a bit daft doesnt it
Edited by: "ding" 12th Jan

RossD89

Yea, you can return it for the amount you paid for it...

Agreed

rosscopecotrain

My order process was a bit different to normal as it was over the phone … My order process was a bit different to normal as it was over the phone and the bundle wasn't calculated like it would be online. My emailed receipt shows I have paid the full price for tv and bluray even though the guy on the phone confirmed I won't be charged for the bluray.but yes , your right it probably is a silly question !

​it might work try it I did it once I but it was slightly different concept It was a bit embarrassing but they didn't say anything to me basically I order something online which included £15 off £25 spend at new look when I went in to collect it one thing I didn't like so I asked to swap it instead for some shoes they were on the tills for ages first one woman was.putting it through the returns and it just kept showing zero balance then another colleuage came and started doing same thing for ages I was like busted..but they finally got it through I think they gave me 2 pounds change aswell. maybe u can try swap it for something else like me a keep the change. but what if they charge u for it in full anyway as that's how it shows up anyway.

You can return it if it's faulty and have a replacement

rosscopecotrain

I've just ordered a Samsung ks8000 and got a free bluray player … I've just ordered a Samsung ks8000 and got a free bluray player which retails for £299.99 for free as part of a bundle even though my order confirmation shows it costing £299.99. Anyone know if I'll be able to return it and get a refund ?

Next time you go to the supermarket and purchase a "Buy one get one free" offer, why don't you return one item for a full refund resulting in absolutely no payment at all?
Edited by: "DaveTaylor" 13th Jan

YES YOU CAN
Do not ever listen to 'no you cant' tell yourself YOU CAN and you CAN do it.

P.s just remember to take the t.v back with it
Edited by: "MR1123" 13th Jan

Original Poster

Ok ok , so I'm getting a bit of stick for this post and reading it back , I admit it does sound dumb !. Had I walked into store and purchased the tv and got the bluray for free then I never would have asked this question but as I said the order was processed differently and the way it's laid out on the receipt it made me wonder if a refund was possible.

Probably end up keeping it now as I just seen it includes 3 4k blurays.

How much would you like for it ?

rosscopecotrain

Ok ok , so I'm getting a bit of stick for this post and reading it back , … Ok ok , so I'm getting a bit of stick for this post and reading it back , I admit it does sound dumb !. Had I walked into store and purchased the tv and got the bluray for free then I never would have asked this question but as I said the order was processed differently and the way it's laid out on the receipt it made me wonder if a refund was possible. Probably end up keeping it now as I just seen it includes 3 4k blurays.

it will show the cost but there will be some sort of discount, rebate to take it to the final cost you paid but you said it yourself its free so how could you ever get back the normal cost of it.

Because it's part of a bundle it will list the cost of the individual items. You can return it for a refund of 299, but then it invalidates the bundle deal and you will be billed 299.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?813
    2. Issue with a CV rewrite any help appreciated.22
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)33
    4. Morrisons Cafe45

See more discussions