can I return a fridge freezer to VERY after 3 days?

49 Comments
3 days sounds as if it would be covered by the distance selling regs. However would it not just be easier giving them a call and asking and if they say yes there will be no need for speculation on here.
Most likely, call them.
ibblackberry1

3 days sounds as if it would be covered by the distance selling regs. … 3 days sounds as if it would be covered by the distance selling regs. However would it not just be easier giving them a call and asking and if they say yes there will be no need for speculation on here.

Stop making sense, this is hotukdeals and there is no room for that sort of thing around here!
Sale of Goods Act 1979

If any product we supply fails prematurely due to an inherent fault (manufacturing defect), we will provide you with an appropriate remedy e.g. a repair, replacement, or refund.

From their returns section.
lol found this quite funny as it really depends on alot of things, has the fridge been use? Is it still in packaging? Has it been damagied while in transit or by you in anyway? Why are you returning?
Edited by: "Donkii" 22nd Jul 2015
Just leave outside your house, they'll automatically collect it!
Jumpingphil

Care to part with any more info that might be helpful. oO

It was a mistake on my part .. I ordered the wrong size ..They also had to pick up the old fridge and the person waiting for it to be delivered asked them to take the wrapper of the new fridge so they did ...when I got back it had been switched on for about 8 hours ...now it looks like I'll be stuck with it ...
ibblackberry1

3 days sounds as if it would be covered by the distance selling regs. … 3 days sounds as if it would be covered by the distance selling regs. However would it not just be easier giving them a call and asking and if they say yes there will be no need for speculation on here.

Thanks..
kiish

Most likely, call them.

Thank You .. I did and they said they would get in touch within a couple of days..
Mark2111

Contact them … Contact them herehttp://www.very.co.uk/help/en/online-help#plckforumid=Cat%3A9799ca35-cb90-4296-b5ec-e39190f3d29aForum%3Ad8b4b121-8ff2-4963-aff2-d0aa298179b4&plckforumpage=Forum&plckdiscussiononpage=1&plckforumpostshowfirstunread=&plckfindpostkey=

Thanks..
cdm22

Stop making sense, this is hotukdeals and there is no room for that sort … Stop making sense, this is hotukdeals and there is no room for that sort of thing around here!

Mark2111

Sale of Goods Act 1979If any product we supply fails prematurely due to … Sale of Goods Act 1979If any product we supply fails prematurely due to an inherent fault (manufacturing defect), we will provide you with an appropriate remedy e.g. a repair, replacement, or refund. From their returns section.

Cheers ..
Donkii

lol found this quite funny as it really depends on alot of things, has … lol found this quite funny as it really depends on alot of things, has the fridge been use? Is it still in packaging? Has it been damagied while in transit or by you in anyway? Why are you returning?

No packaging and it as been on for a few hours..
tonyh78

Just leave outside your house, they'll automatically collect it!

If it has an intermittent fault (cough cough) & you're not happy with the quality, then they should give you a refund. However we are talking about Very...
Donkii

lol found this quite funny as it really depends on alot of things, has … lol found this quite funny as it really depends on alot of things, has the fridge been use? Is it still in packaging? Has it been damagied while in transit or by you in anyway? Why are you returning?

wrong size ..I ordered what I thought was the same fridge but it was a lot smaller ..No packaging as they picked the old fridge up and took the wrapper of the new one..
g1bbuk

If it has an intermittent fault (cough cough) & you're not happy with the … If it has an intermittent fault (cough cough) & you're not happy with the quality, then they should give you a refund. However we are talking about Very...

I see..:) I've already contacted them and await a call from them ...
As far as I am aware if delivery has been accepted (I presume they didnt break into your house and install it :D) then you have no course for a return unless Very feel like it.
Donkii

As far as I am aware if delivery has been accepted (I presume they didnt … As far as I am aware if delivery has been accepted (I presume they didnt break into your house and install it :D) then you have no course for a return unless Very feel like it.

I'm thinking that myself ...:(
john2020md

I'm thinking that myself ...:(

When you say it doesnt fit, is this into a particular "hole" in your built in kitchen? Im confused as to how this happend... yes I live a very unexciting life :D.
Donkii

When you say it doesnt fit, is this into a particular "hole" in your … When you say it doesnt fit, is this into a particular "hole" in your built in kitchen? Im confused as to how this happend... yes I live a very unexciting life :D.

Sorry .. Its too small ..The opening we have for it fitted a 70cm? about 29 inches .. and this falls way short width and looks wrong ..My fault for not checking the size ..I thought it was the same size and make as the one I had ..
Of course you can return it. It is not your fault they chose to take the wrapping off it.

Also you now realise the fridge is too small, that is what the rules cover when buying online, for you to be able to return an item if it is not what you expected. Just tell them you are not happy with it, you may have to pay a small fee for the return as there is nothing wrong with it but you can certainly return it 100%.

NEtech

Of course you can return it. It is not your fault they chose to take the … Of course you can return it. It is not your fault they chose to take the wrapping off it.Also you now realise the fridge is too small, that is what the rules cover when buying online, for you to be able to return an item if it is not what you expected. Just tell them you are not happy with it, you may have to pay a small fee for the return as there is nothing wrong with it but you can certainly return it 100%.

Thank You .. I do hope so otherwise I'm stuck with a fridge that I no longer want ..should never been turned on ..
Edited by: "john2020md" 22nd Jul 2015
NEtech

Of course you can return it. It is not your fault they chose to take the … Of course you can return it. It is not your fault they chose to take the wrapping off it.Also you now realise the fridge is too small, that is what the rules cover when buying online, for you to be able to return an item if it is not what you expected. Just tell them you are not happy with it, you may have to pay a small fee for the return as there is nothing wrong with it but you can certainly return it 100%.

Even if it has been in use?
Donkii

Even if it has been in use?

Not really sure about that to be honest. The rules change often and do not seem to clarify clearly. Just tell them it is too loud or something.
NEtech

Not really sure about that to be honest. The rules change often and do … Not really sure about that to be honest. The rules change often and do not seem to clarify clearly. Just tell them it is too loud or something.

:), COnsumer law is quite difficult to understand and if I was the OP I would certainly push as hard as I can but I think they thing that will scupper him is that he has "used" the item knowing it wasn't the right size. Will certainly wait and see.
NEtech

Of course you can return it. It is not your fault they chose to take the … Of course you can return it. It is not your fault they chose to take the wrapping off it.

From one of the OP's posts: "the person waiting for it to be delivered asked them to take the wrapper of the new fridge so they did", so they did ask for the packaging to be removed, although that's something that Very can't reject a return for. I guess the question is, has it been used since it was turned on or left empty? The guidance here suggests that once the goods have been used that's classed as customer acceptance... whitegoodshelp.co.uk/onl…ns/
Edited by: "IndianaBlues" 22nd Jul 2015
IndianaBlues

From one of the OP's posts: "the person waiting for it to be delivered … From one of the OP's posts: "the person waiting for it to be delivered asked them to take the wrapper of the new fridge so they did", so they did ask for the packaging to be removed, although that's something that Very can't reject a return for. I guess the question is, has it been used since it was turned on or left empty? The guidance here suggests that once the goods have been used that's classed as customer acceptance... http://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/online-shopping-regulations/

Thanks .. It was a little noisy come to think about it?
Donkii

:), COnsumer law is quite difficult to understand and if I was the OP I … :), COnsumer law is quite difficult to understand and if I was the OP I would certainly push as hard as I can but I think they thing that will scupper him is that he has "used" the item knowing it wasn't the right size. Will certainly wait and see.

Yes under the The Consumer Contracts Regulations( was called distance selling regs) you have 14 days to return the item as you were not present at sale. You may have to pay return postage dependant on terms.
Edited by: "djnaff" 22nd Jul 2015
djnaff

Yes under the The Consumer Contracts Regulations( was called distance … Yes under the The Consumer Contracts Regulations( was called distance selling regs) you have 14 days to return the item as you where not present at sale. You may have to pay return postage dependant on terms.

Thanks ..I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works out well ..
Keep us updated on how you get on :).
Donkii

Keep us updated on how you get on :).

I will ..
yes
Robert2013

yes

I hope so..
can you still fit a body in it? oO
john2020md

Sorry .. Its too small ..The opening we have for it fitted a 70cm? … Sorry .. Its too small ..The opening we have for it fitted a 70cm? about 29 inches .. and this falls way short width and looks wrong ..My fault for not checking the size ..I thought it was the same size and make as the one I had ..

So it is too small? just fit it in and put some edging in that matches your cabinets. Far less hassle as common sizes in the UK are 55-60cm so you will struggle to find a 70cm one.
brilly

can you still fit a body in it? oO

That is the main reason I need a bigger fridge..
chocci

So it is too small? just fit it in and put some edging in that matches … So it is too small? just fit it in and put some edging in that matches your cabinets. Far less hassle as common sizes in the UK are 55-60cm so you will struggle to find a 70cm one.

Its the space inside that's small Its made so you cant get a lot into it ..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants