Expired

Can i return a mobile phone to argos?

Found 31st Aug 2013
I bought a Alcatel 0T-983 from argos on 18th April. It has at times not recieved calls first time. Most times when i send a text message it doesnt send first time if at all. This morning at 9am i got a message saying i'd had a missed call when my phone had been off , missed call was from 3.30pm!.

Can i take it back as faulty as it's really really poo. What happens, do they give me another or try to fix it?. I do have the receipt and box still. Thanks

7 Comments

Argos will likely try to fob you off with a 28days return policy, asking you to send it off for repair instead.

Remind them that it has never worked properly and that the Sales of Goods Act allows you to return an item for refund/replacement, within 6 month of purchase, unless they can proof that the product was working fine at the time of the sale. If you were to return the item to them more than 6 month after purchase, it would be you who would have to proof to them that the product was faulty when you first bought it. Keep in mind that an intermittent fault like this may require you to leave the phone with them for for proper testing.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 31st Aug 2013

Banned

If the done is over a £100 then they will most likely send it off for repairs

If that same item is in stock they will offer you a new phone or gift card and when it's not in stock sometimes they give your money back!

Original Poster

amanzameer98

If the done is over a £100 then they will most likely send it off for … If the done is over a £100 then they will most likely send it off for repairs If that same item is in stock they will offer you a new phone or gift card and when it's not in stock sometimes they give your money back!

Phone was £49.99 a Alcatel OT-983, should have known better!. Even when texting (that's if it sends) the keypad on screen keeps pressing the wrong buttons. It says im suppose to have a lead though, to transfer stuff from the phone to the pc, I don't remember ever having one of these..... would they believe me?.

So you bought it 5 months ago knowing what to expect for the price, after 5 months you have found a better phone or got an upgrade on contract, now you have thought of any fault in order to return it (pretending it was doing it from the beggining). Stop trying to rip them off and deal with it.

Original Poster

master10

So you bought it 5 months ago knowing what to expect for the price, after … So you bought it 5 months ago knowing what to expect for the price, after 5 months you have found a better phone or got an upgrade on contract, now you have thought of any fault in order to return it (pretending it was doing it from the beggining). Stop trying to rip them off and deal with it.

its on pay as you go!. rip them off?. no im just the type of person to struggle on with everything hoping it gets better

Most phones come with a generic USB charger these days, which means that the USB lead to connect the phone to your computer also doubles as a charging cable.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 2nd Sep 2013

Whether you pay £10 or £500 for something you have a right to expect it to do what it's supposed to do, no more or less. It should also continue to do so for more than a few months. You may have to let them check it over and be prepared to accept a replacement though. The first step is to go into Argos and tell them about the problems you're having. Best of luck and ignore those who imply that it's your fault for not spending a small fortune on a phone which will allow you to do things you neither need nor want.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants