Expired

Can I return an iPad for a refund?

Found 17th Nov 2013
I bought an iPad air on Thrusday, however after using it for a few days I want to return it. It isn't much different from my iPad 2 which I sold when the 3 came out and I would like to return it for a full refund.

I bought it from Tesco for 459 (got 20 quid discount from the spend 20 quid on groceries and get 20 off electronics).

Could I return it to an Apple store or would I have to take it to Tesco?

1. Ask
  2. iPad
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. iPad
20 Comments

Apple store will not accept for refund, think you have to go back to Tesco with it. Generally, Tesco are quite good with refunds

Original Poster

mycatcanripyourfaceoff

You'd have to take it to tesco.But I doubt they would refund on it cos … You'd have to take it to tesco.But I doubt they would refund on it cos its not faulty and plus you have used it.They may give you a credit note as a goodwill gesture but they really wouldn't have too as its not their fault.Even with the receipt I highly doubt they would exchange or refund,I'm sure they have the same small print as argos regarding this stuff that they are exempt from the 30 day money back guarantee.

On Apple's website it states that if it's before 14 days I can.

Everyone hyped it up to be really good, and people in the Apple shop said it's much better than the 2 and that I would really enjoy it. I was saving up for driving lessons but I wanted to see if it was better.

It isn't and I've used it once. Bought a case for it too.

Cameron583

On Apple's website it states that if it's before 14 days I can.Everyone … On Apple's website it states that if it's before 14 days I can.Everyone hyped it up to be really good, and people in the Apple shop said it's much better than the 2 and that I would really enjoy it. I was saving up for driving lessons but I wanted to see if it was better.It isn't and I've used it once. Bought a case for it too.

Just looked on tesco and they have the 2 week period as well,so you might be ok with getting your money back as long as you have all the packaging etc

Original Poster

mycatcanripyourfaceoff

Just looked on tesco and they have the 2 week period as well,so you might … Just looked on tesco and they have the 2 week period as well,so you might be ok with getting your money back as long as you have all the packaging etc

I do have everything, and I haven't even charged it yet so the cable is new. It's a shame because it is a nice product, but not 450 quid nice. I shouldn't have bought it really but hey, what's done is done. Hopefully they don't mind!

Cameron583

On Apple's website it states that if it's before 14 days I can.Everyone … On Apple's website it states that if it's before 14 days I can.Everyone hyped it up to be really good, and people in the Apple shop said it's much better than the 2 and that I would really enjoy it. I was saving up for driving lessons but I wanted to see if it was better.It isn't and I've used it once. Bought a case for it too.

There are major differences between the 2, size and weight, and then the internals making it much quicker, but it all depends on what you do with it. You can't expect Apple to take it back when you bought it from somewhere else, it doesn't work like that, you would have had to buy it from the Apple store, however Tesco will probably take it back anyway.

Cameron583

I do have everything, and I haven't even charged it yet so the cable is … I do have everything, and I haven't even charged it yet so the cable is new. It's a shame because it is a nice product, but not 450 quid nice. I shouldn't have bought it really but hey, what's done is done. Hopefully they don't mind!

Good luck

aircanman

There are major differences between the 2, size and weight, and then the … There are major differences between the 2, size and weight, and then the internals making it much quicker, but it all depends on what you do with it. You can't expect Apple to take it back when you bought it from somewhere else, it doesn't work like that, you would have had to buy it from the Apple store, however Tesco will probably take it back anyway.

On paper. Obviously he didn't notice these differences.

Original Poster

teh arn

On paper. Obviously he didn't notice these differences.

I don't really, no. But I don't think the fact that I have an Xperia Z1 helped - it's so quick and after using iOS again I personally feel as though Android is smoother and quicker. I got a lot of lag with the iPad when doing simple transitions that just weren't needed. I could turn them off in Android but you're limited to what you can do in iOS and I just don't like it.

U can't return it to apple when you bought it from tescos

I'm shocked that you didn't notice a big difference between iPad air and iPad 2. The difference is pretty big, not to mention the dimension reductions and speed.

Original Poster

dav465

U can't return it to apple when you bought it from tescosI'm shocked that … U can't return it to apple when you bought it from tescosI'm shocked that you didn't notice a big difference between iPad air and iPad 2. The difference is pretty big, not to mention the dimension reductions and speed.

My iPad lags like crazy. Simple transitions take ages to do and lag a lot. Even opening the keyboard makes the screen lag.

Cameron583

My iPad lags like crazy. Simple transitions take ages to do and lag a … My iPad lags like crazy. Simple transitions take ages to do and lag a lot. Even opening the keyboard makes the screen lag.

No that's a feature. The Apple patent states 'Calculated preparation technology'; it intentionally delays between apps or screens to allow your mind to fully prepare for its awesomeness. Without this feature enabled you would probably be hospitalised with 'bloaty head' as it would be too much for your brain to take in at once. Hope that helps.

iOS 7 is (dare I say it) slower than ios6, but it's a total refresh and iOS 6 had numerous iterations of it to get it to that speed and stability.
I certainly wouldn't describe my air or retina mini as laggy in anyway. Spotlight search does cause a second of lag but that is a known issue. Are you taking about your iPad 2 or 3 or air?

Original Poster

delusion

No that's a feature. The Apple patent states 'Calculated preparation … No that's a feature. The Apple patent states 'Calculated preparation technology'; it intentionally delays between apps or screens to allow your mind to fully prepare for its awesomeness. Without this feature enabled you would probably be hospitalised with 'bloaty head' as it would be too much for your brain to take in at once. Hope that helps.

Lag is a feature?

icap.me/i/a…png

Original Poster

dav465

iOS 7 is (dare I say it) slower than ios6, but it's a total refresh and … iOS 7 is (dare I say it) slower than ios6, but it's a total refresh and iOS 6 had numerous iterations of it to get it to that speed and stability.I certainly wouldn't describe my air or retina mini as laggy in anyway. Spotlight search does cause a second of lag but that is a known issue. Are you taking about your iPad 2 or 3 or air?

Air. I bought it the other day. It's funny though, because I restored it from an update which used absinthe to jailbreak my iPad 2, and it restored absinthe as an app.

Cameron583

Lag is a feature?http://icap.me/i/az2KAO1qds.png

It's not called lag, it's calculated preparation technology.

Cameron583

My iPad lags like crazy. Simple transitions take ages to do and lag a … My iPad lags like crazy. Simple transitions take ages to do and lag a lot. Even opening the keyboard makes the screen lag.

I assume you are talking about the iPad 2, rather than the iPad air?

Original Poster

aircanman

I assume you are talking about the iPad 2, rather than the iPad air?

Nope, it's the Air that lags.

Cameron583

Nope, it's the Air that lags.

Well honestly now I don't know how you can say that, I have an iPhone 5, iPad Mini (1st) and a Samsung Galaxy S4 in front of me here, the only one that is patchy when being used is the S4. - So I am not sure whether you have a faulty unit or something, but there is nothing smoother than iOS at the moment.

Original Poster

aircanman

Well honestly now I don't know how you can say that, I have an iPhone 5, … Well honestly now I don't know how you can say that, I have an iPhone 5, iPad Mini (1st) and a Samsung Galaxy S4 in front of me here, the only one that is patchy when being used is the S4. - So I am not sure whether you have a faulty unit or something, but there is nothing smoother than iOS at the moment.

It could be iOS 7 on the iPad air - maybe it's not fully optimised yet.

Original Poster

Returned it to Tescos today for a full refund! I said that I lost my job and now couldn't afford it, which is half correct really - I can't afford it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions