can i return part of a bundle to john lewis?

dont want the xbox that came with my surface can i return just it?

24 Comments

Doubtful.

Just sell it on eBay

Of course you can. You will get a full refund for how much you paid for it... £0.00

You cant.. but instead of selling on ebay (which will take part of the money + Paypal also) its better to sell here, gumtree or facebook selling groups etc.. you'll get more money that way
Edited by: "Kikesin" 5th Jan

Original Poster

Okay.. what if i ask for gift card to its value

misa426

Okay.. what if i ask for gift card to its value

See Post #3

cdm22

Of course you can. You will get a full refund for how much you paid for … Of course you can. You will get a full refund for how much you paid for it... £0.00

Original Poster

i paid a grand for both it and the surface

misa426

What do you believe its value to be?

What is the value of the surface you purchased?

Original Poster

£220 i guess

Value of the surface? a lot more than what i paid as heavily discounted

If you received it as a "gift" for buying the surface, you cant return it.
If both were being sold for 1k, and each one with a different price then you can.

Original Poster

Kikesin

If you received it as a "gift" for buying the surface, you cant return … If you received it as a "gift" for buying the surface, you cant return it.If both were being sold for 1k, and each one with a different price then you can.

i see thanks.. how may i check this

No you can't.

misa426

£220 i guessValue of the surface? a lot more than what i paid as heavily … £220 i guessValue of the surface? a lot more than what i paid as heavily discounted

As explained above and by your own reckoning. if the surface was heavily discount AND you received an xbox at no extra cost, then there is no money that can be refunded by returning said xbox.

misa426

​You paid a grand for the Surface and were given the XBOX for free. You can't return something you didn't pay for

Geez. Some of the questions on here... It's like the ones who ask about returning an item from a 'buy one get one free' offer for a refund.

ipswich78

Geez. Some of the questions on here... It's like the ones who ask about … Geez. Some of the questions on here... It's like the ones who ask about returning an item from a 'buy one get one free' offer for a refund.

​was thinking the same.

Original Poster

ipswich78

Geez. Some of the questions on here... It's like the ones who ask about … Geez. Some of the questions on here... It's like the ones who ask about returning an item from a 'buy one get one free' offer for a refund.

i didnt get it free .. the bundle price for both together was a grand

misa426

i didnt get it free .. the bundle price for both together was a grand

but the two did not have individual values - and in this case the 2 seperate values will not equal the value you paid

the clear answer is NO!

EliTom

Original Poster

elitom

but the two did not have individual values - and in this case the 2 … but the two did not have individual values - and in this case the 2 seperate values will not equal the value you paidthe clear answer is NO!EliTom

£780 + £220 = £1000.. ? i will call them

Did you sort out the fan noise on your Surface Book?

misa426

but do JL sell both items for those prices

EliTom

Original Poster

termite

Did you sort out the fan noise on your Surface Book?

sadly no but i found it goes away when i put it in power saving mode
it's more a funny coil whine like disk loading noise but it happened when i scrolled excel spreadsheets so maybe the screen. gonna also have to enquire about it when i visit john lewis

Well, I bought a bundle (Amazon Echo + Netatamo thermostat, and probably both would go back) from John Lewis and they were both discounted individually at that time, and then there was a bundle discount on top of that. On the receipt it is mentioned that if I decide to keep one of the two what price would it be for, and then remaining of what I paid in total will come back to me. Check your receipt if something like that is there?

misa426

Your figures are wrong. On your invoice the value of the xbox will show as a coupon. If you take the xbox back you will lose the coupon and this will mean you owe John Lewis 20 quid or so.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. love affairs1649
    2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
    3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
    4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions