Can I sell my used TV with its extended warranty?

Found 9th Jan 2016
I bought a 32" LG TV in 2012 with Richer Sounds' 5 Year Extended Warranty (expires June 2017). I am now replacing the TV. Can I sell the TV with the remaining warranty? The terms of the warranty (the certificate shows my name and address and purchase details) are silent on the later sale to a third party.
Community Updates
AskTV
12 Comments
It would appear that they are but best confirming with them.

avforums.com/thr…90/
I worked for a manufacturer of a various products, and any warranty was never transferable, even if it was sold on after a month of use, I doubt your would be honoured
westy125

I worked for a manufacturer of a various products, and any warranty was … I worked for a manufacturer of a various products, and any warranty was never transferable, even if it was sold on after a month of use, I doubt your would be honoured

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-61UHjlwJWU8/VpFOacxaEII/AAAAAAAABfg/oeYifIqIhCs/s894-Ic42/rsw.PNG
Just tell the person to bring it back to you if anything goes wrong, then you can make the warranty claim.
It's your choice. If you need the money ...
Warranties are on the product not the person. Standard warranties are transferrable. Extended vary by company.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 9th Jan 2016
westy125

I worked for a manufacturer of a various products, and any warranty was … I worked for a manufacturer of a various products, and any warranty was never transferable, even if it was sold on after a month of use, I doubt your would be honoured

Well that's a load of rubbish. Which two bob manufacturer were you working for?
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! My internet search skills clearly let me down this time.
ipswich78

Well that's a load of rubbish. Which two bob manufacturer were you … Well that's a load of rubbish. Which two bob manufacturer were you working for?

​a multi billion pound one, sorry just offering some info to the op, if you don't like my truth then don't bother replying with moronic comments, if the same email was sent to my old company the responce would have been no, clearly this company respects it's customers my old one did not
westy125

​a multi billion pound one, sorry just offering some info to the op, if y … ​a multi billion pound one, sorry just offering some info to the op, if you don't like my truth then don't bother replying with moronic comments, if the same email was sent to my old company the responce would have been no, clearly this company respects it's customers my old one did not

I'm actually in the boat here with Westy the difference is though that RS operate there own warranty not the manufacturer.
westy125

​a multi billion pound one, sorry just offering some info to the op, if y … ​a multi billion pound one, sorry just offering some info to the op, if you don't like my truth then don't bother replying with moronic comments, if the same email was sent to my old company the responce would have been no, clearly this company respects it's customers my old one did not

If you don't have the correct info to give then why bother replying?
cecilmcroberts

I'm actually in the boat here with Westy the difference is though that RS … I'm actually in the boat here with Westy the difference is though that RS operate there own warranty not the manufacturer.

Yup, and the question was about Richer Sounds not the manufacturer so Westy for all it is worth was 100% incorrect.
Edited by: "NEtech" 9th Jan 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants