Can I sell Steam game code? *Please Do Not Offer To Buy*

Found 28th Jan
I got a code for Tekken 7 for Steam from CDKeys.
Partner doesn't like how the game plays so told me to get a refund but I don't think I can from Steam since I didn't buy it from Steam and there's no option to request a refund for this game in the help section.

I wonder if I can uninstall it from my Steam and sell the code on to someone who would use it. Can this be done? Thanks.
Community Updates
AskGaming
6 Comments
Once used a steam key cannot be traded. If you bought from Steam directly then if you played less than 2 hours you could have requested a refund.

support.cdkeys.com/hc/…se-
Edited by: "emodan" 28th Jan
Nope, you’re stuck with it I’m afraid.

Once a code has been added to an account it can’t be redeemed again and as you bought from cd keys you can’t get a refund from Steam as has been said already.

For future reference, if you can get the game from CD keys then you could buy it through Steam, even if it costs more, try it for the two hours you get and then get it refunded by Steam and then purchase through CD keys. It’s a bit of a faff, but at least you wouldn’t be stuck with a game you don’t want.
Original Poster
So the only way would be to sell my Steam account I take it?
hearts221 h, 32 m ago

Yes though that would mean you lose everything on that account, e.g. All other games you bought or played on there. I'd really not advise that
hearts221 h, 44 m ago

That would be against the Steam terms and conditions.
Original Poster
EndlessWaves4 m ago

That would be against the Steam terms and conditions.

Thorandor16 m ago

Yes though that would mean you lose everything on that account, e.g. All …Yes though that would mean you lose everything on that account, e.g. All other games you bought or played on there. I'd really not advise that

I only made it for that game so I wouldn't care about losing it but if it's not allowed then never mind. Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants