Groups

can i sell train tickets?

hi i have this return train ticket from southampton ctl to bury st edmunds it has on the ticket valid till the 7th off november i have used them and the guy made a pen mark on them just thinking really i guess some one can still use them well what do you think oww and the tickets are any route

11 Comments

the pen is what they use to void it....

Originally Posted by fordyThe sale of all UK train tickets (including … Originally Posted by fordyThe sale of all UK train tickets (including Eurostar tickets) by unauthorised persons is not permitted under the railway byelaws, made under Section 129 of the Railways Act 1993. Therefore, unless you are an authorised seller as described below, you may not list train tickets on eBay. In Ireland, the sale of all train tickets (including LUAS and DART tickets) is not permitted under the relevant railway bylaws.An authorised person means someone acting in the course of his or her duties who is an employee or agent of the relevant train operator, or any other person authorised by the train operator or a person operating any railway assets.

Original Poster

didnt think so well i didnt know the pen mark was to void them ive used these tickets loadsa time haha

your selling a ticket you have used ???????? are we missing something here

Original Poster

yea well i got them early october and used them about 14 times so i was just thinking why cant someone eles use them

Black market lol

dcx_badass

Has no-one said that its invalid with the pen on it, I suppose you could … Has no-one said that its invalid with the pen on it, I suppose you could say that you needed to get a pen working and its all you had to test it on....

Isn't this classed as fraud anyway - using it again and again?

Well not fraud bt yeah.

lol 14 times , thats just funny , and they never ask you or do anything about it ?

Original Poster

izzzzythedog

lol 14 times , thats just funny , and they never ask you or do anything … lol 14 times , thats just funny , and they never ask you or do anything about it ?

well once but i said the guy on the last train marked it

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Yeah it is, I was just Hyperthetically speaking. What type of ticket is … Yeah it is, I was just Hyperthetically speaking. What type of ticket is it? The ones I get are dated for one day only.

i donno lol it says can be used untill the 7/11/07

dcx_badass

Yeah it is, I was just Hyperthetically speaking. What type of ticket is … Yeah it is, I was just Hyperthetically speaking. What type of ticket is it? The ones I get are dated for one day only.

Sounds like a "open return" ticket. Return journey can be up to 3 months later....

I could be wrong :giggle:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562133
      2. Sky Fibre Max11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764687
      4. Samsung Note 8914

See more discussions