Groups

Can i send a 3 mobile phone to be repaired even though its not on my contract?

Hi i bought a Sony Ericsson K800i off ebay about 8 months ago from someone who had got it an upgrade but didnt want it.

Its suddenly started to lose signal and i cant get reception anywhere so the antenna must be broke.

Can i ring 3 mobile and get it picked up for repair even though its not on the contract it should be as im using a pay as you go sim?

Does anyone know?

Thanks

9 Comments

Is it still under warranty and do you have it? if so then get in touch with them!

send it to sony ericsson direct. it will be quicker and easier for you. just check the manufacture date on the label under the battery, all se phones have a 2 year warranty

]http//ww…047

Original Poster

shanecr;2802520

send it to sony ericsson direct. it will be quicker and easier for you. … send it to sony ericsson direct. it will be quicker and easier for you. just check the manufacture date on the label under the battery, all se phones have a 2 year warranty

Thanks for the replies thats a good idea!

If it has 2 year guarantee then it should be way way under that.

Ive looked at the sticker and can see the serial number etc but cant find a manufacture date

Or take it to a carphone warehouse repair centre. Will be fixed for free if in warranty:thumbsup:

fix;2802558

Thanks for the replies thats a good idea!If it has 2 year guarantee then … Thanks for the replies thats a good idea!If it has 2 year guarantee then it should be way way under that.Ive looked at the sticker and can see the serial number etc but cant find a manufacture date

it is there somewhere...might not be stand out obvious. if you phone them, they will provide you with a freepost address.

hi
    if you say it lost it signal?has it been barred thats what happens on some phones if its been reported losted. i may be wrong but the person who sold it could of done this to get a new phone etc? be careful with buying phones on ebay. could be wrong but be that in mind.

sme24185;2802606

hiif you say it lost it signal?has it been barred thats what happens on … hiif you say it lost it signal?has it been barred thats what happens on some phones if its been reported losted. i may be wrong but the person who sold it could of done this to get a new phone etc? be careful with buying phones on ebay. could be wrong but be that in mind.

Good point. More than one person I know has "lost "phones in the past.

Had the decency not to sell them at least though.

Original Poster

No its definately not been barred the phone still picks up reception sometimes but then it suddenly just goes.

How do i take it to carphone warehouse to be repaired? Is that under the 3 mobile warranty?

Original Poster

I havent sent the phone off yet

Does anyone know where the manufacture date is on the phone Or if i can type anything into the phone to get it up on screen?

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30122
      2. Spotify Family Premium share823
      3. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047171

See more discussions