Can I send motor oil by post?

12 replies
Found 21st Feb 2010
Was doing a garage clearout and found a brand new bottle (4L) Castrol Magantec 10-40 for my last car that I didn't get round to using so I'm thinking of selling on a popular auction site. So can I post this item or are there some rules about posting flammable liquids?!!!

12 Comments

Banned

try it... can't see much bad happening

Original Poster

bykergrove;7908989

try it... can't see much bad happening

I worry armed police my storm may house thinking I could be a terrorist or something posting combustable liquids via post...

Banned

surely it would be better to advertise it local, the weight alone and fees wouldnt really make it worthwhile surely

you can post it im sure.

i've bought compressed air off ebay..

Original Poster

sassie;7909014

surely it would be better to advertise it local, the weight alone and … surely it would be better to advertise it local, the weight alone and fees wouldnt really make it worthwhile surely

Good thinking Batgirl!

Banned

We would have taken it off your hands but you live a bit too far from us.

i would imagine that you will be fine however, if it leaks or spills then you will have the ea (environmental agency) on your back and a fine as you won't have a oil transfer licence.

RM won't let you send anything that's flammable.

deb8z;7915272

RM won't let you send anything that's flammable.

Yeah thats what i thought, but cant remember where (or even if i actually have) read something along these lines - not sending flammable liquids.

Why not still post but for local collection - could even try on here or local selling pages.

Banned

are you kidding of course you can send oil and petrol through the post......its not like its ever gonna be a hazard to anyone now is it

Surely motor oil isn't considered 'flammable'.... Wouldn't it kind of defeat the point if it was.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition62653
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    4. Chat magazine issue 4323

See more discussions