Can I split payment in a chicken shop?

Found 15th Jan
Can I split payment, in a chicken shop.£2.50 from card, and pay the rest in cash? Is this possible, just found my prepaid debit card which expires soon.

thanks
Community Updates
AskGroceries
Top comments
Just a hunch but you may be better asking the chicken shop.
15 Comments
Very possiblr
Yes, you can split payment in any shop that takes card.
Seriously?

How are we supposed to know what an anonymous shop's policy is on split payments?
Just a hunch but you may be better asking the chicken shop.
Yes. Well done, you've found exactly the right group of people to ask.
if an establishment take debit cards, they will take any payment you want from the debit card and the rest you can top up. they should be able to anyway, whether they will do so is up to them.
mutley123 m ago

...they will take any payment you want from the debit card and the rest …...they will take any payment you want from the debit card and the rest you can top up.

mutley123 m ago

they should be able to anyway

mutley123 m ago

whether they will do so is up to them.

Cheers for clearing that up mutley...
I have no clucking idea
Is this a mutley alt
This post is really clucked up!!!
If they wont split the payment maybe you can buy part of the chicken on the one card. Maybe the feet and head-
walkie talkies.
Funny question but here's the answer anyway. If they accept card payments they will allow you to pay however much you want cash, then the rest on card. They won't do card payment first because it will take the whole amount from your card
LeahsMintytoutou3 h, 42 m ago

Funny question but here's the answer anyway. If they accept …Funny question but here's the answer anyway. If they accept card payments they will allow you to pay however much you want cash, then the rest on card. They won't do card payment first because it will take the whole amount from your card

That's not correct at all. When I worked in retail and we did card payment it would default to the full amount but we could type what we wanted and override (to less, not more) before the card machine was active. Would have people use multiple cards sometimes with it split across.

If I pressed cash it would do the full amount with no option to change it, we had to do card first for split payments.
dcx_badass51 m ago

That's not correct at all. When I worked in retail and we did card payment …That's not correct at all. When I worked in retail and we did card payment it would default to the full amount but we could type what we wanted and override (to less, not more) before the card machine was active. Would have people use multiple cards sometimes with it split across. If I pressed cash it would do the full amount with no option to change it, we had to do card first for split payments.

Well it is correct where I work. Press cash type in what they give you then press card n it takes the rest off the card. Maybe different where you worked but where I actually work is how I said
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants