Groups

Can I still vote?

Strange situation. I gave consent to one of my relatives to vote for me as I was meant to be busy today. My dad filled in the necessary forms for this procedure. However my relative has still not received the forms needed to vote on my behalf.

So can I still go to my local polling station and vote?

19 Comments

Banned

no. .

Have you got a polling card?

Original Poster

No, although I think I switched from physical voting to sending it by letter.

So you opted to vote by post, you won't be able to do it in person, and it's too late to vote by post now.
    Better luck next time!

Should have done a postal vote!:roll:

Original Poster

Ah, looks like an gonna have to wait a few more years again.

If you have a polling card and ID, you could go and try, but I expect that you wont be able to.

Original Poster

Fingers crossed that the final Lib Dem count doesnt fall short by one then.

From the back of my voting card:

You can apply to vote by proxy (this means someone votes on your behalf). … You can apply to vote by proxy (this means someone votes on your behalf). Your application must be received before 5PM on 27th April 2010. If you appoint a proxy, you can still vote in this election yourself if you do so before your proxy has voted for you. In certain circumstances it may be possible to vote by proxy after 27th April 2010.

Original Poster

Cool thanks, but I have no polling card.

spic;8540100

From the back of my voting card:

Babbabooey;8540059

So you opted to vote by post, you won't be able to do it in person, and … So you opted to vote by post, you won't be able to do it in person, and it's too late to vote by post now.Better luck next time!

If you havn't sent away your postal vote it's not to late just take it to any polling station and hand it in there.

Civic EG6;8540131

Cool thanks, but I have no polling card.

They should have your details, I think you just need ID if you dont have your polling card and they will look you up.

Banned

Don't need a polling card, says

"This card is for information only. You can vote without it, but it will save you time if you take it to the polling station and show it to the clerk there"

Original Poster

What time does it close? Is it 5pm?

Civic EG6;8540238

10pm

Banned

Civic EG6;8540238

8-10pm usually?

edit: polling hours 7am to 10pm

Banned

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/2847014_f496.jpg

spic;8540146

They should have your details, I think you just need ID if you dont have … They should have your details, I think you just need ID if you dont have your polling card and they will look you up.

you don't even need id, as long as you know your name and address you get to vote.

Banned

confused.

first your dad filled out forms for a relative to vote for you. now you say you opted for a postal vote lol

u cannot vote by post, then by proxy, then in person!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions