Groups

Can I take a pillion passenger on the back of my bike with a provsional liscense???

The pillion has a full bike liscence??? Can I

15 Comments

If you have, or are thinking of getting a provisional licence, then you SHOULD and NEED to know this info
    I'm not telling you because it's info that you shoudl already know, or be able to find for yourself or I'd fail you if I was the examiner issueing your licence

is there space on the back of a dna for anything other than a oompah loompah though?

not on a provisional no

Original Poster

I have a provisional...had it for a month...but the CBT place didnt say and I didnt mention anything...I was just checking here as laws keep changing

Original Poster

harlzter;2809793

I'm pretty sure you can take a pillion who has a full licence, is there … I'm pretty sure you can take a pillion who has a full licence, is there space on the back of a dna for anything other than a oompah loompah though?

yep. even got handles and footpegs and my dad can fit on the back...just about :-D

no you can't

Check out the dvla website for a definitive answer:-

[url]www.dvla.gov.uk[/url]

nope you cant on provisional

Provisional Licences
    All moped and motorcycle provisional licence holders (including full car as provisional) must, by law, hold a current DL196 (CBT) certificate, showing they have completed the Compulsory Basic Training course before riding on the road.(a Provisional Licence isn't valid without a CBT certificate).
    A provisional moped licence (Group P) can be held from 16 years old and isn't time limited.
    But remember if you de-restrict your moped, it's then legally a motorcycle.
    A provisional motorcycle licence (Group A) can be held from 17 years old.
    Those issued before 1st Feb 2001 were time limited to 2 yrs. from date of issue; whilst those issued from 1st Feb 2001 are valid to age 70. If yours will, or has lapsed under the old rules you can now apply to have this restored immediately.
    If applying for a provisional car licence, be sure to tick the box asking for motorcycle also. Otherwise you may have to re-apply - and pay - again.
    Remember on a provisional licence / entitlement you must display L plates and no pillion passengers or motorway use!

Banned

trust me NO and its an endorsable fixed penalty

no no no no

Original Poster

thanks guys...understood

You definitely cannot have a pillion passenger nor can you ride on the motorway plus at 17 you are limited to 15bhp and 125cc. The CBT place I went to made this very clear.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GCSE Results day56
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4882391
      3. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!45
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846349

See more discussions