Groups

Can I transfer my number to the same network?

I'm with Three and I'm moving to a SIM only deal under a new account. Can I use a PAC to keep my number?

8 Comments

no you can't, transfer to a payasyougo sim on another network and transfer back in.

google is your friend
    Edited by: "Treboeth" 12th Sep 2016

Original Poster

Treboeth

no you can't, transfer to a payasyougo aim on another network and … no you can't, transfer to a payasyougo aim on another network and transfer back in.google is your friend

Thanks! I saw some mixed answers on Google so I thought I'd double check.

Do you need to top up the pay as you go SIM to transfer the number?

Nope you don't need to top up. I've used Vodafone, Virgin and Three within the last year to transfer numbers.
    However, I believe some allow you to transfer within the same network if you're upgrading from pay as you go to pay monthly.
    I think Three allows this, but best to check using online chat to customer service or call them. Might save you trouble of having to transfer the number twice.

I've done it. They had to do the port manually as it failed but it can be done. It took a week though.

Sure.

I got the note 7 a few weeks back bit didn't realise it used a nano sim, so had to go pick one up from a Three store. I had a micro sim from my last phone

They scanned the nano sim, and told me my old number would be on the new sim within 10mins. It was.

Hi, once you agreed to a contract even its simo you have to tell them that you are going to keep my old phone number. They will send tou contracted new sim just put in mobile and start using it...it may take time to transfer your number from old sim to new 1 but you dont need to get Pac.

Treboeth

no you can't, transfer to a payasyougo sim on another network and … no you can't, transfer to a payasyougo sim on another network and transfer back in.google is your friend

well actually that's not true as I did it when orange was on the go they don't like doing but they called it the triangle effect it was a pain for them and I had a lot of hassle with them over a new phone that's why they did it for me under protest

Im with 3 and ended my contract moved my number to a 3 pay as you go then moved it back to a new 3 contract, i had to give 28 days notice to end my contract and move to the pay as you go but moving it back to my new contract took a few hours the pac wasnt needed as it was all done in house. Was advised by 3 that this was the easiest way to transfere my number from one contract to a new contract and all went smoothly

Edited by: "ding" 12th Sep 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854
      3. I want some backless loafers for men33
      4. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510

See more discussions