Groups

Can i upgrade my iphone to get new apps?

Can some very clever person give me some advice about my iphone?

My iphone has been unlocked and jailbroken since i first bought it, its an older phone (model A1203 / MB213B & not a 3G) its running on version 2.1

It works really great right now on an O2 Simplicity pay as you go sim and i have loads of older Apps on it.

But almost all apps that i try to add now say that my phone is "not Compatible" and "this application is not compatible with this iphone".

Can anyone advise me if i should / how to upgrade my phone?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

5 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7054145

Go to itunes and click upgrade, life changing I know.

Thanks, but im guessing that may lock/ un-jailbreak it, thats not really what i want, :oops:

dcx_badass;7054145

Go to itunes and click upgrade, life changing I know.

dont be such a jerk

Original Poster

Im guessing i will have to use itunes to sync it and update it, then re jailbreak / unlock it again?

Is that right? really dont want to loose any of my current apps/ photos/ contacts etc...

Anyone?

back it up
    do a dfu restore to 3.1.2 then jailbreak it using blackrain and blacksnow then restore your apps, contacts etc

Original Poster

wolf359;7054837

back it updo a dfu restore to 3.1.2 then jailbreak it using blackrain and … back it updo a dfu restore to 3.1.2 then jailbreak it using blackrain and blacksnow then restore your apps, contacts etc

Thanks, will look in to that, ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1122
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick1010

See more discussions