Expired

Can I use a BT Home Hub with Sky Fibre? Good cheap router ? if I cant?

Found 23rd Nov 2013
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if I can make a BT Home Hub 4 Work with Sky Fibre? the Sky Router has a really bad wifi range, I keep the router in my Room near my TV/and PC with Ethernet.

However the signal is really bad for Wifi in the living room, which is not more than 10 meters away. it is a very common kind of flat, no massive walls or anything like that.

Can anyone tell me If I can use a BT Home Hub ? (I have a spare one) if not, can anyone recommend a good/cheap router?
Community Updates
AskRouterSky
6 Comments
Hi, short answer I believe is no. BT is ADSL and VM is fibre. A few have tried and not managed to make any inroads so for the cost of a new or second hand fibre router you can make better use of your time.

I have a bunch of GetNet GR154's that I am not using any more which should do you if you want one its yours for the cost of the postage.
I thought the BT home hub 4 was their Infinity fibre router?
numb3r9

Hi, short answer I believe is no. BT is ADSL and VM is fibre. A few have … Hi, short answer I believe is no. BT is ADSL and VM is fibre. A few have tried and not managed to make any inroads so for the cost of a new or second hand fibre router you can make better use of your time.I have a bunch of GetNet GR154's that I am not using any more which should do you if you want one its yours for the cost of the postage.

Ahh I see.

Will definitely appreciate if I could have one for postage price, do you know if they have a better range than the Sky Hub ?

and the GetNet GR154 works well with Sky Fibre?

How much will postage be, and can I send it via paypal ? Bank transfer?
cheers mate,
Argoj

I thought the BT home hub 4 was their Infinity fibre router?

I stand corrected :), the HH4 does indeed support Cable.

Despite this the Home Hub 4 is reasonably flexible. It can’t double as a wireless bridge or access point (like the Asus RT-AC66U), but it does support both DSL and cable (WAN) connections. Interestingly, we found the Home Hub 4’s WAN doesn’t work with modems from other ISPs, but we can’t see many buying a Hub 4 to use it this way.
Read more at trustedreviews.com/bt-…iew
Will the BT Home Hub 5 work with Sky Fibre and if so, how would I set it up?
tp-link w9980 Its around £60 so not cheap cheap but cheap for a vdsl2 router.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants