Groups

Can I use a Sky dish to pick up 3pm football kick offs with a new receiver?

I may be downgrading my Sky package in a few months, can someone tell me is it possible to use the Sky dish and just plug in a different receiver to allo me to pick up free 3pm kick off football? Rep will be left for all help given.

19 Comments

Where are you intending to pick up the broadcast feeds from? Which satellite etc....?

i wouldn't have thought a sky dish would be big enough to pick the likes of 13e, 16e and 1w, which is what most of the 3pm footy is on, my dish is 70cm and that gets them all but any smaller than that and you won't get them.

It also depends on where you live as to how big the dish needs to be

Original Poster

I don't know, I've just got a Sky mini dish.

Dishes point at different satellites to pick up the different signals. i imagine a bigger dish will be required if you are looking for more signals. Also not certain if the LNB is 'tuned' for specific signals/satellites.

Google is your friend - uksatellitehelp.co.uk/200…v2/

Maybe stuff on here to help.

Happysteveo;5800817

I don't know, I've just got a Sky mini dish.

your best bet is a motorised dish and a dreambox or eagle box :thumbsup:

What is your knowledge like on satellites, cams, cards, and receivers ? Im guessing very little by the question you asked. You see your question is not that straight forward. For instance you may be able to pick up 13e and 19e with a mini dish but what then ? there is not a lot open on these satellites at the moment.

Original Poster

okay, thanks guys. I'm gonna have to look into this in a bit more details now, but I gotta feeling it'll be a non starter as I live in Cornwall and there don't seem to be any installers down here!

Original Poster

stiffnuts;5800874

What is your knowledge like on satellites, cams, cards, and receivers ? … What is your knowledge like on satellites, cams, cards, and receivers ? Im guessing very little by the question you asked. You see your question is not that straight forward. For instance you may be able to pick up 13e and 19e with a mini dish but what then ? there is not a lot open on these satellites at the moment.

Yeah I hardly know anything, but with the responses I've had I'm begining to understand more.

Happysteveo;5800896

Yeah I hardly know anything, but with the responses I've had I'm begining … Yeah I hardly know anything, but with the responses I've had I'm begining to understand more.

start googling you will learn a lot. There is also a couple of good forums.

Have a read of this thread on hukd, there is a few who know a lot about it who will be able to help you:

hotukdeals.com/ite…-u/

Original Poster

thanks chaps I have read some of that thread.

can you tell me how much did the set up cost you, sounds good, so you get ss1 hd etc etc through it, amazing!!

My local installer charged £180 for a fitted Penta 88 Sat dish and motor. This is supposedly as good as many 1m dishes and is a lot less imposing. My advice is to have a search of google for local installers and ring round till you get one who will help you out for a reasonable price.

To get 3PM kick offs you need to either get into card sharing on a dreambox (questionable legality), run a diablo card on a technomate or similar, or buy a foreign card. If cash isn't much of an object then Sky Italia is the way to go. Massive range of games and a top picture quality.

Original Poster

thanks sibeer, will look into it.

sibeer;5801131

My local installer charged £180 for a fitted Penta 88 Sat dish and motor. … My local installer charged £180 for a fitted Penta 88 Sat dish and motor. This is supposedly as good as many 1m dishes and is a lot less imposing. My advice is to have a search of google for local installers and ring round till you get one who will help you out for a reasonable price. To get 3PM kick offs you need to either get into card sharing on a dreambox (questionable legality), run a diablo card on a technomate or similar, or buy a foreign card. If cash isn't much of an object then Sky Italia is the way to go. Massive range of games and a top picture quality.

i wouldn't bother with the diablo cam, i had one earlier this year and most of the stuff that was available has now gone, card sharing is the way to go:thumbsup: for all sky, sky italia, supersport canal+ :whistling:

Original Poster

card sharing Does that mean you have to borrow a viewing card from someone?

Happysteveo;5801734

card sharing Does that mean you have to borrow a viewing card from … card sharing Does that mean you have to borrow a viewing card from someone?

no, there's more to it, not really allowed to go into it on here as it's not 100% legal :whistling: just have a google of card sharing and you'll find a load of info and some forums dedicated to it

Original Poster

okay, cheers souljacker.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1021
      2. www.disneycharms.co44
      3. Speccing a gaming pc411
      4. Legal advice?11

See more discussions