Can I use a T-Mobile phone SIM in a USB dongle to utilise the data allowance?

Found 16th Sep 2011
I have a T-Mobile USB dongle and I’m wondering if I can stick a T-mobile phone SIM in there and use the data allowance?
I can get a T-mobile contract for £1 a month and it comes with a 500MB allowance plus it is unlimited for web browsing so a good deal if it works.
Community Updates
7 Comments
You sure can. Officially should you, not really
Original Poster
theone

You sure can. Officially should you, not really

Thanks. Are you speaking from personal experience?

T-mobile don’t stop people from tethering so they seem to have a relaxed attitude to data use on their network. I had an Android contract with them with a 3GB allowance and used to use around 3GB every month thought tethering and they never complained.
Original Poster
darklight

best to get a mifi dongle ( for example "3" networks Huawei e585)..my … best to get a mifi dongle ( for example "3" networks Huawei e585)..my e585 shows me real time data usage crunch on the screen.. using with my voda simo contract sim..by the way dongle is easily unlocked for free

I don’t require WiFi access otherwise I would look at that option.

best to get a mifi dongle ( for example "3" networks Huawei e585)
..my e585 shows me real time data usage crunch on the screen
.. using with my voda simo contract sim
..by the way dongle is easily unlocked for free

get an iphone 4 sim ( instore) top up £10 req'd ,
you get 12 months free web while retaining all of your init £10 for your own use ,
got one for Bro-in-law in April & he's still using it regularly in his ipad & also in a regular plug-in dongle with a sim adapter
Original Poster

darklight

Get an iphone 4 sim ( instore) top up £10 req'd ,you get 12 months free … Get an iphone 4 sim ( instore) top up £10 req'd ,you get 12 months free web while retaining all of your init £10 for your own use , got one for Bro-in-law in April & he's still using it regularly in his ipad & also in a regular plug-in dongle with a sim adapter

Thanks for that. Is that also the 500MB/unlimited data allowance?

I can get a 2 year contract with 300 mins/300 texts/unlimited landline calls and the 500MB/unlimited data allowance for £1 a month which works out cheaper plus I get the phone contact if I ever need to use it so I’ll probably go with that.
Agharta

Thanks for that. Is that also the 500MB/unlimited data allowance?I can … Thanks for that. Is that also the 500MB/unlimited data allowance?I can get a 2 year contract with 300 mins/300 texts/unlimited landline calls and the 500MB/unlimited data allowance for £1 a month which works out cheaper plus I get the phone contact if I ever need to use it so I’ll probably go with that.

WOW ! oO how do you get that contract
Original Poster
jabber888

WOW ! oO how do you get that contract

Take out the T-mobile Android contract that ends today and sell the phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants