Groups

Can I use a USB Sound Card with the 360 to turn a normal microphone into a USB Mic?

The reason I ask is because I have recently picked up The Beatles : Rock Band.

The problem being that it is only compatible with USB Mics and not 360 headsets or my mics with an adapter connected to the contropller (2.5mm to 3.5mm)

My question is, if I were to connect one of those cheap USB sound cards that you can get for £2-3 on ebay, would The Beatles : Rock Band see it as a USB Microphone and therefore allow singing?

Tim

12 Comments

Original Poster

bumpety

timothyw9;7354291

bumpety

I'm pretty sure it would mate :thumbsup: As any other converter adapter seems to work :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Met-Cast;7355583

I'm pretty sure it would mate :thumbsup: As any other converter adapter … I'm pretty sure it would mate :thumbsup: As any other converter adapter seems to work :thumbsup:

Other than the Singstar adapter?

I'll take the risk then, and order 3 from ebay.

I can't see how this would work as the Xbox 360 won't have drivers for the USB soundcard?

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;7355813

I can't see how this would work as the Xbox 360 won't have drivers for … I can't see how this would work as the Xbox 360 won't have drivers for the USB soundcard?John

:oops: It does have drivers for microphones though? (aka. Logitech ones) must be very similar hardware in the adapters surely? I believe the drivers for the sound card things are generic ones anyway, I know for a fact the adapter I've bought will work splendid with a PS3...

Ive just taken thr plunge anyway... I must hope for the best!

No buy the proper mics.

Original Poster

Adam2050;7355928

No buy the proper mics.

I'm not paying nearly £15 a pop (3 of them for 3 part harmonies) = £45! for 1 game when I can use mics fine on all the other games.

timothyw9;7355970

I'm not paying nearly £15 a pop (3 of them for 3 part harmonies) = £45! f … I'm not paying nearly £15 a pop (3 of them for 3 part harmonies) = £45! for 1 game when I can use mics fine on all the other games.

Why would it cost you that?

mymemory.co.uk/Xbo…360)

£10.95 for one there. And thats not really looking to hard.

Original Poster

Adam2050;7355984

Why would it cost you … Why would it cost you that?http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Xbox-360-Accessories/Microsoft/Xbox-360-Official-Rock-Band-Premium-Mic-(Xbox-360)£10.95 for one there. And thats not really looking to hard.

Thats still £33.

I could buy the game for the PS3 and use my singstar mics for that much, the problem being I have the instruments for the xbox...

timothyw9;7355996

Thats still £33.I could buy the game for the PS3 and use my singstar mics … Thats still £33.I could buy the game for the PS3 and use my singstar mics for that much, the problem being I have the instruments for the xbox...

Oh you have it on xbox 360 in that case Im not sure? An logitech mics Im pretty sure don't work do they?

As for singstar adapter, I meant jack converters, spliters, male to female all those adapters that seem to work generically, the singstar adapter doesn't work with anything other than the mics

Original Poster

logitech mics are the standard in all mics across all platforms.. they just change what it says on them.l..

timothyw9;7367067

logitech mics are the standard in all mics across all platforms.. they … logitech mics are the standard in all mics across all platforms.. they just change what it says on them.l..

I thought you meant like a pc USB one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846208
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764302
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions