Can I use my Epson Xp 442 , by only replacing the black ink ( which is all I require)

Posted 18th Apr
I bought a replacement official cartridge from Tesco but I seem to be having difficult y getting this up and running as the printer is trying to detect the other colored cartridges.
I only need black for the kids home work though
Any help appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Have u removed empty coloured cartridges? If so pop em back in, it should remind you colour is empty when you try to print but you can click black and white only.
I tried that cheers... Mmmm
Every Epson printer I've had wont let me print without enough ink in every cartridge
Cheers, i bought a black only official one thinking it would do the job but maybe not ..
Bit of a joke
thebiggishman18/04/2020 15:28

Cheers, i bought a black only official one thinking it would do the job …Cheers, i bought a black only official one thinking it would do the job but maybe not ..Bit of a joke

I usually buy compatible ones off ebay
How about looking in printer settings and selecting greyscale. The opposite will be colour. That might force it to print black only.
I've got an old Epson printer and I use a chip resetter, cost about a fiver it fools the cartridge into thinking it's full, also when Epson cartridges run out they still have ink in them and once reset you carry on printing for quite a few pages.
Cheers i ordered a set of a place called stinkyink...we LL see how that goes
Might look into that chip resetter cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions