EXPIRED

Can i use my Sky Wireless Booster on a non Sky Router (and non sky Broadband)

I managed to get one of these free boosters from Sky but don't need it at home - Trying to make it work at my work premise (Non Sky Broadband) Is this possible? If so how?? When i try to load page skywirelessbooster.local it has a problem loading the page and says server not found. Anyone managed to do set up on a non sky network?

9 Comments

you should be able to connect it via an ethernet cable to use as a bridge - but i'm not sure if it can be done wirelessly

I use it with non-Sky broadband but I do use a Sky router. Also using Sky wireless connector box.

Original Poster

kjcoolcat

you should be able to connect it via an ethernet cable to use as a bridge … you should be able to connect it via an ethernet cable to use as a bridge - but i'm not sure if it can be done wirelessly

I have the Ethernet cable - Any idea how to do this?

UnicornRiver

I have the Ethernet cable - Any idea how to do this?

if you're really lucky you should just be able to connect the booster to the router by ethernet, and it may work without any other config.

Original Poster

kjcoolcat

if you're really lucky you should just be able to connect the booster to … if you're really lucky you should just be able to connect the booster to the router by ethernet, and it may work without any other config.

Think we're on different paths on this, sorry not very techy! I need to get better wireless reception upstairs at work (Router downstairs). So maybe i got wrong end of stick with the "bridging" bit!?

I use mine as a wireless dongle for my smart tv + if you hardwire it to a ps3 it trebles the speed of your wireless ps3 connection. so I think you can it for pretty much anything
Edited by: "bo84gle" 28th Mar 2014

I use mine on my printer for wireless connections from all PCs in house

Just press WPS button on the router and the sky wireless booster, it will then connect to any router with WPS button.

Original Poster

evilWiFi

Just press WPS button on the router and the sky wireless booster, it will … Just press WPS button on the router and the sky wireless booster, it will then connect to any router with WPS button.

No WPS button on the router
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Should I Sky sports or not1311
    2. samsung gear fit 2 claim purchase from mobilephonedirect48
    3. Thinking of getting the Fire HD 822
    4. Amsterdam Booking.com advice11

See more discussions