Groups

Can i walk across the M48 Severn bridge?

I want to get this bike from ebay, but im in bristol and its in chepstow. But iim not allowed on motorways with my licence.

Instead of driving up to gloucester then down, drive up to where the motorway starts (A466), then push to over the motorway then get on the A403 in england.

Is this possible?

9 Comments

Looking at google maps there is some sort of other road on either side of the motorway across the bridge but couldnt say what its for.

This might be of help...

bbc.co.uk/bri…tml

Yup, you can.

Original Poster

12 miles though, that would take at least 4 hours pushing a moped.

What do you think would be best, go 70 miles up and down, or walk across?

Cheers for the replies.

the__mayster;4549892

12 miles though, that would take at least 4 hours pushing a moped.What do … 12 miles though, that would take at least 4 hours pushing a moped.What do you think would be best, go 70 miles up and down, or walk across?Cheers for the replies.

Can't you get a mate to take you there and back?

If not I would say walk it on a sunny day, would be pretty cool to say you walked the severn bridge lol.
    If you're feeling lazy or if the weathers bad then drive.

Risk it and drive across

Fail for asking tho

Original Poster

Jelly;4549974

Risk it and drive acrossFail for asking tho

Invalidate my insurance, by law i cant go on the motorway.

And why is it fail for asking?

Original Poster

King of Thieves;4549928

Can't you get a mate to take you there and back?If not I would say walk … Can't you get a mate to take you there and back?If not I would say walk it on a sunny day, would be pretty cool to say you walked the severn bridge lol.If you're feeling lazy or if the weathers bad then drive.

I dont know anyone with a full bike licence, suppose it could be one of those

"I walked over the Severn bridge"

I don't think you can. If it's the one I tried then I'm pretty sure not. We got halfway between two bridges and natives advised us to turn back.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1526
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1015
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32171
      4. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger78

See more discussions