Groups

Can I watch Sky HD for free?

I currently have a Sky HD box with a £50 per month Sky subscription.

Is it possible to cancel my Sky sub completely, but keep the box and use it to view and record free to air channels (including BBC1 HD etc)?

Thanks

9 Comments

You can view the channels i think but yiou wont be able to record without a subscription.

you would have to pay £10 a month to use the sky+ feature with no channel subscription

Original Poster

Oh, that's a shame. Would I be better off buying a Freesat HD or Freeview HD box? If I pick one up for £200 it would pay for itself in 20 months?

MonkeyPrince

Oh, that's a shame. Would I be better off buying a Freesat HD or … Oh, that's a shame. Would I be better off buying a Freesat HD or Freeview HD box? If I pick one up for £200 it would pay for itself in 20 months?

pay £18 for sky? and u get all the entertainment channels too...

Original Poster

Do you mean £18 per month? I really don't want to give Murdoch any more money

MonkeyPrince

Do you mean £18 per month? I really don't want to give Murdoch any more … Do you mean £18 per month? I really don't want to give Murdoch any more money

yeah thats what im going to do i think. Had a look at virgin media but skys rate seems better with more channels.

Original Poster

I had a go of the Humax Freesat HD box, but I didn't rate it. I like the Sky HD box but was hoping to be able to use it without paying any further monthly sub.

I don't mind losing most of the Sky channels but I do want to keep HD on BBC and ITV etc

have you tried phoning sky up and threatening to cancel,most people including myself who have tried this now have sky for half price if that's any good to you?

Original Poster

I did that 6 months ago and got a reduced sub for 6 months ending in April. When I rang again a couple of nights ago they said the £10 a month minimum thing for the Sky + functionality, but I wondered if there was any way round it.

I would rather pay them a one off fee, but I don't really want a never ending sub, even if it's only £10
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1426
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213633
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.78
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846245

See more discussions