Can it really be true.....

Found 2nd AugEdited by:"fern37"
...just had the news broken to us that @deeky is not doing his Christmas giveaway this year!! Can this be true??!!

The only thing that makes this site bearable at Christmas is his thread to offset the pesky flamedeer where all the prizes go to newbies never to be heard of again!!! With deeky's thread, us site veterans stand a slight chance of winning half decent prizes but the one we all want is the box of CHOMP!!!!!

I beg you my friends to petition deeky not to give up his giveaway. Do it for the children deeky!! Do it so I can use my fav cary grant gif at all the newbies not reading your rules!!

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
34571191-UPw3t.jpg

Fun fact, when I joined HUKD I was determined to post deals to be eligible for the giveaway, would have been my first time this year!

Doesn't matter though, @deeky was generous enough to do it all these years, and I am glad he did as without that, I wouldn't be on HUKD so much! This is my favourite website, I'm a total addict and have saved so much money
BFCsider2 h, 2 m ago

Why not this year @deeky and I'm a nosey shite and have always wondered …Why not this year @deeky and I'm a nosey shite and have always wondered where do the great prizes come from?

That's the problem. Most of the prizes come from my own pocket (although HUKD have kindly donated a couple of great prizes over the last couple of years). It started off with just a couple of video games but each year I've tried to make it bigger and better than the last one but obviously that means it becoming more and more expensive. It's got to the stage now where I can't really afford to go bigger or better any more, and tbh, I'd rather call it a day than to compromise with the quality of the prizes. Also, I've done it for 6 years now and it's just got tougher and tougher to manage, it takes virtually a full week of my time trying to keep on top of it and I'm tired... I'm sure all those who know me will understand and be grateful for the last 6 years, even fern
Edited by: "deeky" 2nd Aug
deeky47 m ago

That's the problem. Most of the prizes come from my own pocket (although …That's the problem. Most of the prizes come from my own pocket (although HUKD have kindly donated a couple of great prizes over the last couple of years). It started off with just a couple of video games but each year I've tried to make it bigger and better than the last one but obviously that means it becoming more and more expensive. It's got to the stage now where I can't really afford to go bigger or better any more, and tbh, I'd rather call it a day than to compromise with the quality of the prizes. Also, I've done it for 6 years now and it's just got tougher and tougher to manage, it takes virtually a full week of my time trying to keep on top of it and I'm tired... I'm sure all those who know me will understand and be grateful for the last 6 years, even fern

You've done a fabulous job and it is perfectly understandable you want to quit while you're ahead. It would be nice if there was a way to continue the tradition, but as you rightly say, it's very time consuming and expensive.. Thanks for doing it in the first place
@Fern37 yes I believe it can be true. @Deeky has done heaps for us. As he said it takes him a heap of work and money out his own pocket. I’m very appreciative of all that he has done, despite never winning.

I do think that if he wants time out we must respect it and not accidentally guilt him back into it.
68 Comments
34571191-UPw3t.jpg

Fun fact, when I joined HUKD I was determined to post deals to be eligible for the giveaway, would have been my first time this year!

Doesn't matter though, @deeky was generous enough to do it all these years, and I am glad he did as without that, I wouldn't be on HUKD so much! This is my favourite website, I'm a total addict and have saved so much money
jamie01510 m ago

[Image] Fun fact, when I joined HUKD I was determined to post deals to be …[Image] Fun fact, when I joined HUKD I was determined to post deals to be eligible for the giveaway, would have been my first time this year! Doesn't matter though, @deeky was generous enough to do it all these years, and I am glad he did as without that, I wouldn't be on HUKD so much! This is my favourite website, I'm a total addict and have saved so much money

He needs to keep on doing it!! @fanpages will be out of a job and relies on deeky for Christmas pocket money to buy his gifts with! The dibbles will miss their jobs too.

You know there is help to stop this addiction to HUKD (I'm not a good advert for it, posting at 2am!!).
It's great that there is these comps on here and that they are run buy members that make no gain from putting the effort in to reward others.
It would be a shame for this comp to discontinue.
As far as being addicted. I wouldn't say I am but the missus does moan that every time she picks something up off the shelves while shopping I make her wait while I search it on here even for just condiments or bleach.
I'm thankful for this site and it's members. I've save quite a few quid thanks to this community. I've also bought random c..p I don't need lol.

Edit: and I also spout crap on here when I have a few
Edited by: "BFCsider" 2nd Aug
fern371 h, 37 m ago

He needs to keep on doing it!! @fanpages will be out of a job and relies …He needs to keep on doing it!! @fanpages will be out of a job and relies on deeky for Christmas pocket money to buy his gifts with! The dibbles will miss their jobs too. You know there is help to stop this addiction to HUKD (I'm not a good advert for it, posting at 2am!!).

Well, I'm here at 3:45!
jamie0153 m ago

Well, I'm here at 3:45!

Answer all my questions then lol
BFCsider5 m ago

Answer all my questions then lol

I am not sure, you'd have to ask @deeky / @fanpages for that! All I remember is that HUKD contribute some prizes, but I think the rest are donated by HUKD members.
jamie0154 m ago

I am not sure, you'd have to ask @deeky / @fanpages for that! All I …I am not sure, you'd have to ask @deeky / @fanpages for that! All I remember is that HUKD contribute some prizes, but I think the rest are donated by HUKD members.

That's great, i would contribute a prize. I'm tight and skint so it would be the wooden spoon price lol. But I do like to gift and see people happy
BFCsider2 h, 2 m ago

Why not this year @deeky and I'm a nosey shite and have always wondered …Why not this year @deeky and I'm a nosey shite and have always wondered where do the great prizes come from?

That's the problem. Most of the prizes come from my own pocket (although HUKD have kindly donated a couple of great prizes over the last couple of years). It started off with just a couple of video games but each year I've tried to make it bigger and better than the last one but obviously that means it becoming more and more expensive. It's got to the stage now where I can't really afford to go bigger or better any more, and tbh, I'd rather call it a day than to compromise with the quality of the prizes. Also, I've done it for 6 years now and it's just got tougher and tougher to manage, it takes virtually a full week of my time trying to keep on top of it and I'm tired... I'm sure all those who know me will understand and be grateful for the last 6 years, even fern
deeky47 m ago

That's the problem. Most of the prizes come from my own pocket (although …That's the problem. Most of the prizes come from my own pocket (although HUKD have kindly donated a couple of great prizes over the last couple of years). It started off with just a couple of video games but each year I've tried to make it bigger and better than the last one but obviously that means it becoming more and more expensive. It's got to the stage now where I can't really afford to go bigger or better any more, and tbh, I'd rather call it a day than to compromise with the quality of the prizes. Also, I've done it for 6 years now and it's just got tougher and tougher to manage, it takes virtually a full week of my time trying to keep on top of it and I'm tired... I'm sure all those who know me will understand and be grateful for the last 6 years, even fern

You've done a fabulous job and it is perfectly understandable you want to quit while you're ahead. It would be nice if there was a way to continue the tradition, but as you rightly say, it's very time consuming and expensive.. Thanks for doing it in the first place
Oh that's sad news , but completely understandable, I would donate a prize , but will be honest , like most people I'm not sure I'd have the time to run the thing. Would you run it @fern37 if enough of us promised the prizes ? Thanks for the ones I've been able to enter @deeky .
*FUMING*
Norseg4 h, 33 m ago

*FUMING*

Is that
- Sarcastic ‘FUMING’
- Self entitled scrote ‘FUMING’
Or
- what inflammatory comment can I make today ‘FUMING’
@Fern37 yes I believe it can be true. @Deeky has done heaps for us. As he said it takes him a heap of work and money out his own pocket. I’m very appreciative of all that he has done, despite never winning.

I do think that if he wants time out we must respect it and not accidentally guilt him back into it.
deeky2 h, 58 m ago

All Good Things Must Come to An End
Edited by: "OllieSt" 2nd Aug
deeky3 h, 25 m ago

Thanks for the past 6 years of your free time deeky Here's something for you to chill out with ....
You deserve a rest now
deeky3 h, 27 m ago

Thanks for all the comps you ran, such a nice thing to do for others for so many years.
deeky4 h, 30 m ago

Deeky, you're a legend in your own right. You're getting on a bit now, as we're all more than aware. We realise it's getting tougher each day for your poor old knees to even make it down the stairs in the morning, so to then have to sit all day every day for a whole week must be tough on the old joints.

Aside from that, now you're only getting your pension money, we also understand that times are tough, you're not as flush as you used to be, and it will obviously be tough for you to meet the level of expectation that other members have for your annual comp.

So take a year off mate. Take every year off if you need to. Don't feel bad about it, don't feel like you're letting anyone down. We're all immensely grateful of the time, effort and money you've put in previously, so this year I propose something else.

By way of a thank you for your contributions, I'm gonna put a fiver in for you to have your hips replaced privately, or for whatever else you want to use it for. If anyone else wishes to join me, comment below. I don't know how much these ops cost but I reckon between us can muster up about 55 quid.

Cheers deeky. My HUKD hero.

Gutted I never won anything though.
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 2nd Aug
thanks @deeky for doing it for all of these years, though I have been around for a long time it was only last year that I saw the competition, how I missed it I will never know. I thought when I saw it wow, what a great thing to do as you could tell most of the prizes came from you and a couple of others, that sort of generosity is not seen very often, you are a true star
I've signed the petition.
Does anyone know how many signatures are required for it to be debated in parliament?
Awww, sad times.
Deeky's xmas comp was a real highlight of my year!
Completely understand that it is a heck of a lot of work and unfair for poor deeks to cough up for the majority of the prizes.
Thank you @deeky for all your years of kindness and the joy you have brought
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 2nd Aug
Now if we could get one of our resident wizards to automate the entry gathering. Then for HUKD to sponsor Deekys prize fund, it’s not like they don’t make enough off us.
We could maybe still do a Deeky style, themed comp with his name above the door.
My first ever win was a £5 amazon voucher in deekys comp. I will forever be grateful how that made me
feel especially after chasing deers and always not winning anything.

Can't blame you deeky with the stress involved especially at the end as we wait for the winner and
you and fanpages checking and double checking the winners. Thanks for doing it all this years
deeky5 h, 22 m ago

Meh.
BFCsider7 h, 49 m ago

That's great, i would contribute a prize. I'm tight and skint so it would …That's great, i would contribute a prize. I'm tight and skint so it would be the wooden spoon price lol. But I do like to gift and see people happy

I'm really tight, meaning by tap water and no tipping in a restaurant tight . I would still contribute a prize though (something like a £5 voucher).

I think we could run a competition in @deeky's honour. I would be happy to help out on weekends and evenings when I'm free, I'm pretty much always on HUKD anyway, as long as we can get a decent amount of prizes donated from members - doesn't have to be the biggest competition ever but it would be nice to get away from the flamedeers.
who?
He's ready for the knackers yard
Cheers for the comp @deeky always great fun. Enjoy the time away from it, I've always appreciated the time and effort you put in.
darren90303 m ago

You only joined last November

Yep, @Norseg wouldn't be eligible for the competition anyway, so why does it bother them?
Edited by: "jamie015" 2nd Aug
why should be @deeky sir doing All the hardwork if they want to rest for one year its not a crime is it !!!!
jamie0151 h, 13 m ago

Yep, @Norseg wouldn't be eligible for the competition anyway, so why does …Yep, @Norseg wouldn't be eligible for the competition anyway, so why does it bother them?

Possible dibble here in the making

Edit: maybe just needs a little refresher on the rules
Sweettooth3442 m ago

why should be @deeky sir doing All the hardwork if they want to rest for …why should be @deeky sir doing All the hardwork if they want to rest for one year its not a crime is it !!!!

Yeah, you tell 'em prinny
Thanks for your support and understanding everyone.

Who knows what the future might bring, eh?
The flamedeer competition has nothing on the elegant simplicity of Deeky's Christmas comp!!
I would never guilt deeky into running the comp. It is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes and the way it rapidly fills up with comments as soon as it is announced means it is a nightmare to keep on top of and with all the edits too.

I couldn't do it. I haven't the energy for it. I'm a night owl and so not the ideal person. If anyone wants to run it, then there would have to be a firm commitment from those donating prizes to actually follow through with their offer and post onto people. Are participants happy to have their names & addresses sent to someone they don't know? This is where deeky had the advantage as he kindly and selflessly gave from his own pocket for the P&P. It is a huge undertaking. It's like a Christmas secret santa where everyone agrees to participate but someone ends up not getting a gift as someone else has selfishly decided not to play anymore!! It's heartbreaking

Yes, let's give @deeky a chance to rest and recover. His wallet has been lonely without all the moths that used to inhabit it. Thank you kind sir for all the years of doing the giveaway. If June would be happy to sponsor the event and donate money to you for this, then man up and give her what she wants, for the good of HUKD!!

This, sir deeky, is why we campaigned for you to get your VIP badge. Enjoy the rest xx
Permission to say male chicken!

How am I gonna get rid of that t shirt I won in last year's flamedeer comp?

Well...
34581459-Ra28S.jpg
deeky16 h, 41 m ago

You put your feet up this crimbo, mate. You’ve been more than generous over the years. You’re a top bloke.

I’ll take over this year. Prize is £1000. Rules are simple. Anything goes. Anyone can enter. All you have to do is bring me @Chanchi32 ‘s head on a wooden spike. Closing date is 24th December. Ta.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions