Groups

Can microsoft office be deleted off one computer and placed on another?

Hi
    I have just purchased microsoft office. This allows me to put office on on two computers with the product key.
    We have one new laptop which i intend to use and also another which we may replace in a couple of months.
    If i put it on the older laptop can i then delete it or deauthorise it in some way so that i can then put it on another new laptop. Otherwise it might be better for me to wait to use the second one.
    Hope i have explained myself clearly enough. Thanks

7 Comments

If you uninstall it , you should be able to re-install on another Pc,

Office 2010 retail, I have it on 3 laptops and a desktop no problems with it. If you do phone them up they usually are helpful.
    Edited by: "tonyd19565" 18th May 2011

Original Poster

Thanks guys different answers. I got it from software4students and it says 2 licence agreement. Anyone had a similar situation with them.

Goofeys Girl

Thanks guys different answers. I got it from software4schools and it says … Thanks guys different answers. I got it from software4schools and it says 2 licence agreement. Anyone had a similar situation with them.

You should be fine, Only ever had this kind of problem with Windows itself and a call to Microsoft yielded a new Key, just need to explain why you re re-installing office that's all.

Original Poster

Thank you. I never realised you could even get microsoft on the phone. Appreciate all your help.

Here's an interesting post via the Microsoft Answers website regarding this - especially handy for those who have a desktop & laptop.

Can I install Microsoft Office 2010 on my desktop AND laptop? - Microsoft Answers
    Embedded Link

just make sure if you do call them you use the number given during the instal activation process as this is a freephone number, so not only can you put it on multiple pc's (so long as it is no more than 2 at a time) the call doesn't cost you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …81139
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions