Groups

can my PC be RAM upgraded?

Image of scan - am I am my max for RAM? Want to increase from 8 to 16 in total.

12 Comments

Original Poster

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ps3tkz.jpg

?? your post makes no sense..

Original Poster

adam_holcombe

?? your post makes no sense..

See image on post 1 then!

Link wasn't there when i posted..

great-deals

See image on post 1 then!

Link wasn't there when i posted.. bad timing I guess.
    Edited by: "adam_holcombe" 5th Jan 2015

small chance you could upgrade it with a bios update. worth looking at the dell site to check.

I wouldn't bother. 8GB is plenty of ram, it would be better for you to upgrade the motherboard to something better before upping the memory.

question is what exactly do you use your pc for that needs 16GB
    most things that require that much RAM (yes, even these days still) you wouldn't want to be using a freaking Dell Inspiron 660 for in any case...

To give an explicit answer, the image posted doesn't answer the question. All it shows is that you'd need to replace the current memory sticks with two 8GB ones rather than adding another two 4GB sticks, which will cost you twice as much.

You'll need to look elsewhere on the dell support page/system specs to find out whether your system supports 8GB memory sticks.

8GB is fine unless you're using post processing software? Such as Photoshop?

If you don't use such software it would be a waste! Get an SSD to speed up things if you haven't already, your money will be much better spent!
    Edited by: "joshp" 5th Jan 2015

Cruicial's system scanner it's free and will tell you what RAM you have and "offer" any upgrades - just use the info to shop around

joshp

8GB is fine unless you're using post processing software? Such as … 8GB is fine unless you're using post processing software? Such as Photoshop? If you don't use such software it would be a waste! Get an SSD to speed up things if you haven't already, your money will be much better spent!

This
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. No claims discount proof - Help needed88
      2. Keter 6x4 shed.44
      3. Are the free antivirus any good?66
      4. Currys Return33

See more discussions