Groups

Can My PC Run Dishonored 2

So I'm pretty sure I can run Dishonored 2 on Low Settings, but with the performance issues, I think I may have an problem.

My Specs:
    i3-4150
    MSI R9 270 2GB
    8gb ram
    Any help would be appreciated

11 Comments

Original Poster

Jasamo

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri - best way to check there … http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri - best way to check there (other than playing it)

westy125

Looking at your specs I would say no, but deffo check out the site … Looking at your specs I would say no, but deffo check out the site above, you really want to be running any game at recommended specs for the full experience

So only my CPU is the problem, but honestly it is around the same as the FX 6300. So it should be okay?
    Also, really wanna upgrade but I have more important stuff to spend it on. Dishonored 2 is bday present for my brother.

Yep, I'd say around 30fps @ 720p

Original Poster

westy125

It depends on a lot of factors, even though you may appear to meet the … It depends on a lot of factors, even though you may appear to meet the specs the game may not run, I see this a lot, especially on pcs that are running slow from being running for years with no fresh install. Not to mention bios settings and how things are actually set to run. Choice is yours, good luck

kester76

Yep, I'd say around 30fps @ 720p

Well my friend bought it on steam and we family share, so saved me some money, downloading right now. I think I'd get 30+ fps on 1080p
    Edited by: "Rid1" 12th Nov 2016

Your system has plenty of power (it would cost ~£500 to buy an equivalent system new) so it shouldn't have any trouble running games well. Dishonoured 2 reportedly has a some performance issues though.

What fps did you get ?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Your system has plenty of power (it would cost ~£500 to buy an equivalent … Your system has plenty of power (it would cost ~£500 to buy an equivalent system new) so it shouldn't have any trouble running games well. Dishonoured 2 reportedly has a some performance issues though.

Hopefully! That's the main reason I asked, because it needs to be patched. Was going to take advantage of cashback yday from CD Keys via QuidCo but friend bought it instead

kester76

What fps did you get ?

Just came back from work, knackered. Will let you know tomorrow.

Original Poster

kester76

What fps did you get ?

@720p got 50fps all lowest settings.
    @1080p got mid 20fps at some points, which I deem unplayable.

Original Poster

After a performance patch, I guess I may be able to run it at 1080p

Rid1

@720p got 50fps all lowest [email protected] got mid 20fps at some points, … @720p got 50fps all lowest [email protected] got mid 20fps at some points, which I deem unplayable.

That's pretty good for an average framerate at 720p though. I guess it depends on what you expect to see, it's one of the issues with PC gaming is how optimised the games are and my r9 290 will probably struggle with 1080p on this game. Also does the game support Vulkan and have you tried playing it in borderless window mode ?

Original Poster

kester76

That's pretty good for an average framerate at 720p though. I guess it … That's pretty good for an average framerate at 720p though. I guess it depends on what you expect to see, it's one of the issues with PC gaming is how optimised the games are and my r9 290 will probably struggle with 1080p on this game. Also does the game support Vulkan and have you tried playing it in borderless window mode ?

I'm not sure if it supports Vulkan, not sure how to check either. I haven't played in borderline window mode, will try later today and post results.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?22
      2. Fifa 1837
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills33
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?69

See more discussions