Groups

Can NHS walk-in Centres do stiches?

Just maybe 1 or 2 stiches

Or would they tell you to go to A&E?

Does anyone know, please?

9 Comments

I think they would make you go to A & E

Think they would send you to A&E,try a minor injuries unit instead,cos you wait a lot less time,as they will see a small cut trivial in A&E and you get seen as and when.

Original Poster

Aah, I saw the Minor Injuries Unit on there website but have never heard of it.

So, they would do stitches and also have a faster wait?

What have you cut??

Original Poster

SunTzu;4726485

What have you cut??

My son had a small cut on his finger, but it looked quite deep - seems to have stopped bleeding now so will hopefully be okay by itself

Mrs.Z;4726545

My son had a small cut on his finger, but it looked quite deep - seems to … My son had a small cut on his finger, but it looked quite deep - seems to have stopped bleeding now so will hopefully be okay by itself

Hope he is ok but he may need a tetanus injection, I would call nhs direct.

Mrs.Z;4726482

Aah, I saw the Minor Injuries Unit on there website but have never heard … Aah, I saw the Minor Injuries Unit on there website but have never heard of it.So, they would do stitches and also have a faster wait?

My local hospital is only minor injuries,sometimes we been in and out within hf hr,but yeh usually a much quicker service.
    My partner sliced a fair bit off his finger off a few wks ago,it didn't need stitching but they cleaned and dressed it and asked him to come back the next day to double check it.
    Anyway always been very quick when we've been in,they usually only open for half the day,here its 8-8 7 days wk.
    If in doubt about going,best to anyway.
    I been for all sorts of silly things from a splinter to a rabbit bite lol.

Original Poster

Thank you - I will phone NHS Direct to ask about tetanus injection :thumbsup:

Wait for their diagnosis -as theres a one in ten chance tehy could have you in stitches.

nursingtimes.net/wha…cle
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      2. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627

See more discussions