Groups

Can postal orders ever be rescinded?

Hi. Someone has asked whether I except postal orders for an item I am selling on ebay. Is there any risk iwith accepting these e.g. can they be "banked" and then reversed by the post office? Thanks

6 Comments

When you cash them they stamp them and keep them, if they are named only the name can cash them, they cannot be cancelled.

Not as far as I know as once you have handed the postal order over they will give you cash their and then
    Just make sure they leave the payee's name blank then you can cash it straight away at the post office otherwise an sure you had to put them through a bank if they had you name on them but not 100% sure as not received one for ages

Postal orders with a name can be cashed immediately just have id on you when you go to the post office. they can no t be cancelled or recalled once paid for. Its like sending cash or a cheque through the post, safer than cash and quicker to cash than a cheque.

Original Poster

thanks for these prompt replies.

NFS;5176587

Not as far as I know as once you have handed the postal order over they … Not as far as I know as once you have handed the postal order over they will give you cash their and thenJust make sure they leave the payee's name blank then you can cash it straight away at the post office otherwise an sure you had to put them through a bank if they had you name on them but not 100% sure as not received one for ages

You dont have to put them through the bank if there is a name on. But you do if it is crossed. The PO cannot cash crossed postal orders.

Postal orders are as good as cash.... I dont think you can just cash them though now even if crossed...

I think down our way you now have to pay them into a bank account but they will clear straight away (Except with The Bank of Scotland who class them as a cheque payin which is crazy)

You can then just lift the cash...

They cannot be cancelled unless stolen....

maxmix
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814507
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553811
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767507
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68

See more discussions