Groups

Can Quidco claim money back?

We recently booked the hotel for our next holiday through Ebookers, via Quidco.

The blurb on the site said that Quidco would only pay on the completion of the stay (which would be at the back of July)

Not only has Quidco track straight away, but they've already paid out into our bank account (£98)

We've since seen a different hotel we fancy, but if we cancel the original hotel can/will Ebookers or Quidco try to reclaim the money already paid, and if so, how?

7 Comments

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;7796476

Greedy? much?

Nothing of the sort.

We are genuinely thinking of booking a different hotel, and are curious about the Quidco implications.

They cant 'claim' the money back as such. If you fulfil the criteria in order to receive the cashback then it will be paid to you. If not then the quidco transaction may be declined.

However, sometimes the hotel or establishment will pay even though you cancelled. I had to cancel a booking that I had made but still received the £7 cashback. Woop!!!!!!

:-D

I was declined a contract with mobiles.co.uk twice because of wrong details - got £70 cashback 5 mths later

Are you sure they paid for the hotel transaction or was it for previous transactions?

Banned

if you have booked the hotel, then surely you lose your deposit anyway

Original Poster

Intweceptor;7796709

Are you sure they paid for the hotel transaction or was it for previous … Are you sure they paid for the hotel transaction or was it for previous transactions?

It's definitely for the upcoming trip

csiman;7796720

if you have booked the hotel, then surely you lose your deposit anyway

We're going back to New York, where it's generally advised to book a hotel (depending on what rate you get offered) as they pretty much all have cancellation policies that allow you to cancel without penalty, then keep looking for a better deal and cancel if you find one.

But surely if you re-book through Ebookers you will get Quidco again.

So if they claim the first back, then so-be-it, if not then double bonus.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October921
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162403
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846290
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014106

See more discussions