Groups
    EXPIRED

Can shaver point be converted to mains for charging

I have one of these mirror with shaver point, want to know is there any adapter to convert
    into normal electric socket for charging my electric toothbrush?

Thanks in advance.

argos.co.uk/sta…ail
    /searchtext%3EBATHROOM+MIRROR.htm

17 Comments

Just use a plug in travel adapter like you would use in Europe and it will then be a 3 point socket.

]http//ww…1-2

loads around in shops in town, very easy to find and cost a couple of quid

ye i use a shaver adapter

Original Poster

khy86;5751737

]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Travel-Plug-Shaver-Adaptor-3-49/dp/B000L9C0RG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247618259&sr=1-2loads around in shops in town, very easy to find and cost a couple of quid

I want the other way round. i have shaver socket want to make it normal socket.

Original Poster

Thanks, Sorted

Jumpingphil;5752351

It is generally not a good idea to have a regular 3 pin socket in the … It is generally not a good idea to have a regular 3 pin socket in the bathroom.They are not allowed to put into new houses and haven't been for years for safety reasons.

If you have a massive bathroom then read on:-

The New 17th edition wiring regulations now allow a 3 pin socket in a bathroom as long as its 3 metres from the boundary of zone 1 (where the water is) and must be RCD protected!!

KINGMUZZZAUK;5752442

If you have a massive bathroom then read on:-The New 17th edition wiring … If you have a massive bathroom then read on:-The New 17th edition wiring regulations now allow a 3 pin socket in a bathroom as long as its 3 metres from the boundary of zone 1 (where the water is) and must be RCD protected!!

certainly counts me out lol

ClarityofMind;5752465

certainly counts me out lol

and most other non millionaires :-(

kungfu;5752470

and most other non millionaires :-(

yeah how unfair is that :-D

Hi hon x x

A 3 pin socket and a shaver point are completely different type electrical circuits.

Shaver sockets have safety isolating transformers in built, obviously a 3 pin socket doesn't.

As Simon would say - Sorry it's a No
    Shaver sockets are normally fused down to 1amp, Where would you put the phone - on sink side?
    Get yourself a 4 way for a few ££ and be safe and keep 240volt away from water.
    Why do you want to charge it in the bathroom? Is a it a Thronefone?

:?

for charging my electric toothbrush?

Its not for a mobile phone :-D

Siddy;5752737

As Simon would say - Sorry it's a NoShaver sockets are normally fused … As Simon would say - Sorry it's a NoShaver sockets are normally fused down to 1amp, Where would you put the phone - on sink side?Get yourself a 4 way for a few ££ and be safe and keep 240volt away from water.Why do you want to charge it in the bathroom? Is a it a Thronefone?

Phone != electric toothbrush

Maybe it's a teeth cleaning app on the iphone?

What will they think of next.

Banned

where did this fone busines come from?

maybe worth getting a different charger for ur toothbrush from a country that uses that type of connection

Sorry didn't think of the toothbrush I thought of the phone lol

Ours comes with 240 plug on it and we charge our on landing but I have seen my mates and his does plug direct in on the 2pin shaver socket.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions