Groups

Can somebody explain the internet acces on the iphone?

Sorry - I know everybody must be sick of iphone threads by now but I've heard that if you dont have internet access theres no point having an iphone. At the moment it costs me a fortune to access the internet on my 02 pay monthly. Ive got ages to go on this contract so was thinking of buying the iphone and getting the unlimited internet bolt on. Would this bolt on be suitable?

however having gone through that massive thread about the iphone deal I have seen people say that if you're in a wifi hotspot its free to access the internet. Can somebody confirm this for me because I have seen this link for a wifi bolt on with o2

o2.co.uk/mob…ifi

why would I have to pay for a bolt on for wifi if people are saying its free? I defo dont wana go about using wifi thinkings its free and running up a huge bill

Any help with this would be appreciated because I cant afford to get a huge mobile bill again!!!!

thanks

6 Comments

wifi and internet is only free if u actually sign up to the contract, if u dont want to sign up, o2 web bolt on is the best.
    wifi is free but it depends on who u connect with

Original Poster

evil_yo;1908669

wifi and internet is only free if u actually sign up to the contract, if … wifi and internet is only free if u actually sign up to the contract, if u dont want to sign up, o2 web bolt on is the best.wifi is free but it depends on who u connect with

thanks for that

could you extend on the wifi a bit more? Say I go to a coffee shop that offers free wifi would that cost me?

im with o2 at the mo and will probably get that web bolt on

roryk83;1908789

tSay I go to a coffee shop that offers free wifi would that cost me?

you answered your own question there.

the phone has a chip that can find wifi networks that are broadcasting, walk around the estate where you live and you will find many that are not secured, these are free. secured you wont get onto.

Coffee shops tend to be un secured but after allowing you on, present you with a credit card page.

McDonalds do free wifi in every store.

The unlimited bolt on doesnt controll wether or not your phone can do wifi, just allows you to access wifi hotspots that o2 have set up in cirtain areas for free, "cirtain areas" goood luck finding them lol.. well there are quite a few actually but not at your house..

if you have broadband you can connect a wireless router to it and use that wifi connection you just made for free on your iphone as you are the one paying for your broadband,

The biggest gripe at the moment with the iphone is no 3G support, that means no mobile broadband, so you only have good enough speeds if you are near a wifi access point that allows you on for free.

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;1908815

you answered your own question there.the phone has a chip that can find … you answered your own question there.the phone has a chip that can find wifi networks that are broadcasting, walk around the estate where you live and you will find many that are not secured, these are free. secured you wont get onto.Coffee shops tend to be un secured but after allowing you on, present you with a credit card page.McDonalds do free wifi in every store.The unlimited bolt on doesnt controll wether or not your phone can do wifi, just allows you to access wifi hotspots that o2 have set up in cirtain areas for free, "cirtain areas" goood luck finding them lol.. well there are quite a few actually but not at your house..if you have broadband you can connect a wireless router to it and use that wifi connection you just made for free on your iphone as you are the one paying for your broadband,The biggest gripe at the moment with the iphone is no 3G support, that means no mobile broadband, so you only have good enough speeds if you are near a wifi access point that allows you on for free.

thanks for that. Rep left

that wifi bolt on sounds rubbish compared to the web browser bolt on then considering both are the same price!

When you buy an iPhone, officially you have to enter into an 18 month contract with o2, the cheapest tariff is £35 / month. All of the iPhone tariffs include unlimited wifi at theCloud hotspots, and unlimited internet via the o2 edge network.

shop.o2.co.uk/pro…ffs

It is very easy to unlock the iphone so that you don't have to take out the iphone contract...

ziphone.org/

Wi-fi is wireless internet and if you have wireless at home it is free.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions