Can somebody help me with this???

Found 13th Aug 2017
2763793-d26WT.jpgI have all this wiring how I need to conecct to the new ceiling...to many black and reds....2763793-6vxud.jpgAnd this is my new ceiling lights...
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
the brown and blue of the old light get replaced with the brown and blue of the new light. The rest is probably a lighting ring circuit and cable to the switch.
Original Poster
mas994 h, 58 m ago

the brown and blue of the old light get replaced with the brown and blue …the brown and blue of the old light get replaced with the brown and blue of the new light. The rest is probably a lighting ring circuit and cable to the switch.

Thanks for you help....exactly like that we done but this one is working now but the rest of the lights from the house not enymoore....
You may have disturbed the other wires in the ceiling fitting - the lights will be on a radial circuit and linked from each other.

Check the terminals that have the 3 wires in - that all three wires are still tight! May be a bit dark to do this now - might be best to leave it till the morning and have the circuit off when inspecting.
Far right on your first photo, (the old light fitting) you could have simply cut the blue and brown cables at the start of the outer white sheath on the flex, giving you the 2 cables you require to connect into the new connector block on the new light fitting (in 2nd photo).

If you have other lights in the house not working properly, you've either swapped a cable(s) around or disturbed a cable and its now loose, in daylight, with power off, check all the connections are tight and cables are in the connectors.

Is your new light fitting metal? If so, ensure you connect those earth cables (green/yellow) if not, best to get a connector to terminate them into.
Radu.Jucan14 h, 7 m ago

Thanks for you help....exactly like that we done but this one is working …Thanks for you help....exactly like that we done but this one is working now but the rest of the lights from the house not enymoore....

In which case you've disturbed the other cables. Put up a pic of the current situation.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants