Groups

can someone advise me on the danger of selling stuff over paypal?

good day just wonder whether anyone can adviseme regarding this

i am selling a tv off internet. someone offer to buy it from me but pay me by paypal
    also she wants me to ship it down to her place

is this legit? i am sorry this is my first time selling a tv off internet

any kinda danger/ fraud over this?

what sort of steps i should take to make sure i am safe (my money + my tv?)

10 Comments

dont do it, i always get emails after posting stuff online. they ask u to ship to africa or to there sick nana in london. only ship to a pp verified address or in person

Original Poster

she does ask me to ship to west africa, buy pay me by paypal
    is this fraud> how can i make sure?

Original Poster

yes gumtree

i am genuinely asking for help, not trolling pls

Banned

Good day to you

Many lucks upon your house have befallen you today kind sir. By posting this most wonderful of threads in da misk you have won $50,000,000. Please accept my warmest congratulations upon your head on this most prosperous of days.

Make swift to the sending of your PayPal account details to my email address.

Please be to include: Names, address (including housing number), bank card, sorting code, expiration dates and also number of the PIN.

I will make via a transfer of banks the total funding of $50,000,000

Salutations

Sir DJ1 Mkwembe

Original Poster

no this is nothing like that
    she is paying by paypal to a verified address.she is only asking for my email address

Banned

mmmkbb;8453559

she does ask me to ship to west africa, buy pay me by paypalis this fraud … she does ask me to ship to west africa, buy pay me by paypalis this fraud> how can i make sure?

mmmkbb;8453817

no this is nothing like thatshe is paying by paypal to a verified … no this is nothing like thatshe is paying by paypal to a verified address.she is only asking for my email address

You can't be serious, really? Run this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

its a scam dude dont be silly. they even offer you double sometimes to tempt u into the sale/fraud

I would not do it. I had a similar experience on Gumtree where a "girl" said she was on a ship and wanted to buy my item and pay by paypal and ship it to somewhere in the UK. I asked can she not pay by BT, and she said no, as she was on a ship she had no internet access, so I asked how she saw my ad and how she intended to pay by paypal, heard no more.
    BT is the only guaranteed safe bet for payment.

Original Poster

haha i am not a dude i am a girl x
    no i am not responding to this person anymore. totally hate scammers
    these people give nigeria such bad names

mmmkbb;8453952

haha i am not a dude i am a girl xno i am not responding to this person … haha i am not a dude i am a girl xno i am not responding to this person anymore. totally hate scammersthese people give nigeria such bad names

Hehe oops sorry smart girl stay clear
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions