Expired

Can someone check this add on ebay ?

13 replies
Found 18th Jun 2014
When I click on it, it keeps asking for my bank details but other adds don't :-/
I'm not sure if it's a scam........

The title is...... Xbox 360 250GB/Go.- New (Unwanted Gift) .....

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

WheresMeNuts

When I click on it, it keeps asking for my bank details but other adds … When I click on it, it keeps asking for my bank details but other adds don't :-/I'm not sure if it's a scam........The title is...... Xbox 360 250GB/Go.- New (Unwanted Gift) .....

Does an item number or even a direct link to the post not exist?

Its a scam mate, it redirects you to a non ebay owned website.

Do not Log in.

OP have you logged in? If you have i advise you to change your passwords and report the page to ebay

Original Poster

I can't see the item number as it transfers me to install Silverlight & then wants my bank details including a password WTF.

It's an xbox for £40.

ebay.co.uk/sch…N=1

Original Poster

bumbaclart

Its a scam mate, it redirects you to a non ebay owned website.Do not Log … Its a scam mate, it redirects you to a non ebay owned website.Do not Log in.OP have you logged in? If you have i advise you to change your passwords and report the page to ebay

I installed the "Silverlight" as it said it was needed.
The reason I installed it was because this morning I re-installed windows on this laptop & thought I must have been missing drivers.

WheresMeNuts

I can't see the item number as it transfers me to install Silverlight & … I can't see the item number as it transfers me to install Silverlight & then wants my bank details including a password WTF.It's an xbox for £40.http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Consoles-/139971/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=10&_nkw=xbox+360+console&LH_PrefLoc=1&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Dude dont log in, wouldn't touch that with a bargepole. If i am correct its a new scam on ebay where you log in via a 3rd party website which looks exactly like ebay.

Look at the redirect address, its not an ebay address

Heres the seller
ebay.co.uk/sch…om=
all his items (probably not his account) do it, something to do with java yes its a scam

also if you change your redirect internet setting you can stop these

Original Poster

alanlukeb1

Heres the seller … Heres the seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/riw1000/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=all his items (probably not his account) do it, something to do with java yes its a scam

Yes that's him.
I'll contact ebay now.

bumbaclart

Dude dont log in, wouldn't touch that with a bargepole. If i am correct … Dude dont log in, wouldn't touch that with a bargepole. If i am correct its a new scam on ebay where you log in via a 3rd party website which looks exactly like ebay. Look at the redirect address, its not an ebay address

Ebay cant stop it, they always randomly pop up. There are threads 5+ years talking about this
Edited by: "alanlukeb1" 18th Jun 2014

alanlukeb1

Ebay cant stop it, they always randomly pops up. There are threads 5+ … Ebay cant stop it, they always randomly pops up. There are threads 5+ years talking about this

Yeh but better to report it than not and least hopefully this thread makes a couple people aware

Original Poster

alanlukeb1

Ebay cant stop it, they always randomly pop up. There are threads 5+ … Ebay cant stop it, they always randomly pop up. There are threads 5+ years talking about this

This CS I'm on the phone to just now sounds surprised :-/

WheresMeNuts

This CS I'm on the phone to just now sounds surprised :-/

Oh, really? We've never heard of this before!

Yeah, right, ebay.

Yeah, my antivirus/internet security says it's a phishing site, which I believe. Do not enter any of your login details to that site. If you have, change your password for Ebay, and paypal. And any other sites you use the same credentials for as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52474
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!22
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11

See more discussions