Groups

Can someone clarify what paypal gift is...i cant see it on here

Can someone please clarify what paypal gift is i know its something to do with paypal charges but not sure who ends up paying.
    As an example...if i want to sell a game on the site and want £10 clear profit after postage do i say £10 and £2 for postage...or just say £12...and where does the paypal gift come in...
    Thanks...i have tried to search the site for this answer but cant seem to find it.

6 Comments

Gift, is exactly that. no1 pays any fees, however PayPal wont offer any insurance to the buyer if he/she wants his/her money back.

i.e if you sell somthing for £12, ask to have £12 gifted to you.
    You will recive all £12. However the buyer wont have a leg to stand on if you dont send him the item.

Paypal Gift money transfers don't incur charges to receive money from another person. This does however mean you aren't covered by any paypal insurance, but any transfers outside of eBay have minimal cover.

Original Poster

That seems great weird they dont get anything.

Can you clarify what i should do with regards to postage....should i split it or say £12 delivered.
    Thanks

Original Poster

Sorry just read your full answer.

Thanks for answering...now need to get a load of my sons games to sell...gathering far too much dust...

Also, as far as I'm aware you have to have balance in your paypal account or a bank account linked to your account to send via PP gift, you can't use money from a credit card for PP gift for example.

Gift is a great way to sell for the seller, however its always best to make sure that the buyer is fully aware that paypal wont offer insurance when sending money as a gift.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?78
      2. Jury service1824
      3. Large card print/poster..34
      4. What laptop to choose?33

See more discussions