can someone explain to me what the chicane is in F1 racing

Found 27th Oct 2011
Just watched the Senna Dvd, Fascinating! to say the least really enjoyed it.

But one thing puzzles me, What is The Chicane?
I have googled it but getting a few different answers

When I watched the movie it says Senna did not drive through the chicane to rejoin the race but from my understanding of the meaning of the chicane, he did!
Community Updates
MiscFormula 1
17 Comments
Left a bit then right a bit
This is a chicane...

http://www.canonistas.com/galerias/data/500/Chicane.jpg
sancho1983

Or vice versa
A series of consecutive bends.
I was under the impression that it was what the drivers listened to while they were going round in circles.
http://www.technodisco.net/img/tracks/c/chicane/195093-chicane-far-from-the-maddening-crowds.jpg
sancho1983

Exfil

This is a chicane...

Thanks guys, I thought it was an obstruction/barriers to slow you down and not a few bends in the track, like the ones Senna went through when he rejoined the race after Alain Prost put him off if you like
There are also mobile chicanes known as Team Lotus or Hispania.
windhoek

There are also mobile chicanes known as Team Lotus or Hispania.

not virgin or they just roadblocks
Senna went down the inside of the last corner on the race at Suzuka. That corner is a chicane and both drivers collided.

Senna then got a push from the marshalls drove down the escape road at the outside of that corner and went on to win the race. Is that what you thought a chicane was? As that could lead to confusion.
numptyj

Senna went down the inside of the last corner on the race at Suzuka. That … Senna went down the inside of the last corner on the race at Suzuka. That corner is a chicane and both drivers collided.Senna then got a push from the marshalls drove down the escape road at the outside of that corner and went on to win the race. Is that what you thought a chicane was? As that could lead to confusion.

Thank you undserstand now
MDC

not virgin or they just roadblocks

Don't you mean burning roadblocks!

http://ugc.kontain.com/photo/20100928/prod_07305a6b-2976-4cbd-9e64-c4ca4ab9623a/tb_640x480.jpg

OP What you think of the film? Makes me wish I could have seen him race.

Edited by: "Smeaton1724" 27th Oct 2011
f1 is goodlove it
hamilton fan here by the way
super_leeds_86

Don't you mean burning roadblocks!OP What you think of the film? Makes me … Don't you mean burning roadblocks!OP What you think of the film? Makes me wish I could have seen him race.

I think the film/documentary is great, really interesting, loved it! and have watched more than once
In my own opinion though I am not sure Sennas crash was an accident, I don't know but from what I watched, on the day he crashed he looked very worried indeed almost distracted. He seemed a very religious man, and the "greatest gift that god could give him was god himself"

Maybe reading movie all wrong but I think he either knew he was going to die on that day or killed himself as he looked really worried and distracted.

Edited by: "cath1510" 28th Oct 2011
cath1510

Maybe reading movie all wrong but I think he either knew he was going to … Maybe reading movie all wrong but I think he either knew he was going to die on that day or killed himself as he looked really worried and distracted.

I'm a big F1 fan, but haven't seen the film yet. Wonder if I will get the same impression.
tis an opportunity to hang the ass out baby yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shaka kahn
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants