Groups

Can someone fathom this out for me on Voda Contract

Can someone fathom this out for me on Voda Contract

I put the phone down when the women says you cannot make a call free to this number.

Sat 8 May 16:25 0844****** 0m 23s 0.127 0.127

Keep getting charged every now and then.

I have 600 minutes and these are included.

YOUR PLAN PRICE PLAN 2010
    Our Standard out of Price Plan Charges
    There are times when there arent enough hours in the day (or minutes, texts or megabytes in your monthly allowance). So if youve been making loads of calls, sending tons of texts or browsing for Britain, these charges will apply once you exceed your monthly Your Plan allowance.
    VOICECALLS, DATA AND MESSAGING WITHIN THE UK
    Voicecalls (per minute)
    UK National, local (01,02,03) and other Vodafone numbers20p
    Other UK mobile networks35p
    Non Geographic (0844, 0845 and 0870)20p
    Non Geographic (0871)35p
    Freefone (0800, 080 and 0500)20p
    Freefone charity numbersSee vodafone.co.uk
    Premium rate services (start with 09) 090, 09135p - £1.85p see vodafone.co.uk
    Personal numbers/Calling Cards (starting 07, but not UK mobile networks) (fixed fee
    in some cases)Up to 85p see vodafone.co.uk

11 Comments

Sounds like 20p per minute to me :thinking:

Original Poster

MBeeching;8904256

Sounds like 20p per minute to me :thinking:

Question is how am I getting charged for it when it clearly states I am within my minutes. I only use about 80 of my 600 a month. I cannot be paying 12p for the women to state that this number is chargable surely?

I emailed the muffins at vodafone. Never had this on 02 nor Orange if the number was outside of the package.

Banned

Those numbers are chargeable @20p per minute, but as you say, the cost should be zero if you havent been connected.

Hope this isnt the shape of things to come! (Though I never dial 0844......... I assume you looked on saynoto0870.co.uk?

Original Poster

guv;8904356

Those numbers are chargeable @20p per minute, but as you say, the cost … Those numbers are chargeable @20p per minute, but as you say, the cost should be zero if you havent been connected. Hope this isnt the shape of things to come! (Though I never dial 0844......... I assume you looked on saynoto0870.co.uk?

Yes I usually do, I won't ring them from Voda again, going to see if they will give me the money back. See what there really like.

Seriously how can I connect to it if the womens talking. Stupid.

Banned

Adam2050;8904383

Yes I usually do, I won't ring them from Voda again, going to see if they … Yes I usually do, I won't ring them from Voda again, going to see if they will give me the money back. See what there really like.Seriously how can I connect to it if the womens talking. Stupid.

I thought my phone arrived earlier when Royal Mail turned up with a delivery for me. Turned out to be a Netgear ADSL modem router I bought from a guy over on AV Forums.

Hope it wont be too long! (Lots of work being tied in today..... Base for the Log Cabin and new stairs / loft hatch being fitted.) Phone arriving is pure luck! Oooh... a text.... the port will go live by 4th June at 4 pm.

Original Poster

guv;8904429

I thought my phone arrived earlier when Royal Mail turned up with a … I thought my phone arrived earlier when Royal Mail turned up with a delivery for me. Turned out to be a Netgear ADSL modem router I bought from a guy over on AV Forums.Hope it wont be too long! (Lots of work being tied in today..... Base for the Log Cabin and new stairs / loft hatch being fitted.) Phone arriving is pure luck! Oooh... a text.... the port will go live by 4th June at 4 pm.

Your up to a lot this week? Is work mixed in there sometime or you work from home too?

Banned

fathom btw

Original Poster

csiman;8904509

fathom btw

I am beginning to believe I am really Dyslexic.

0844 numbers are chargeable even if you haven't used any of your minutes. non-geographical aren't included in the plan. you can also be charged without being connected as most 0844 numbers are to switchboards and the call is connected as soon as it reaches the switchboard even if the end number doesn't answer.
    edit : in your case most networks would ask you to "press 1" to carry on etc but apparently not vodafone

Banned

Adam2050;8904518

I am beginning to believe I am really Dyslexic.

nah, you spelt dyslexic right :thumbsup::-D

Original Poster

csiman;8904802

nah, you spelt dyslexic right :thumbsup::-D

Stupidity then.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions