Can someone find me using my reg

Found 9th Mar
Just had a crazy road rage incident. Car Infront of me skidded and hit a bollard.

Said I was cause of it. I said I wasn’t and that they only have themselves to blame

They told me to hand over my insurance details, I said no as it’s got nothing to do with me and then I drove off. Parked up and called my insurance to make them aware. Also let them know vehicle reg and description etc.

Should I be worried? A lot of mad lot out there
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I'm sure if they claim on there insurance and have your plate there find you and if you don't have any proof they can go for you maybe?
deleted1597344
The police can obviously as they will just request your details from the DVLA if the other driver reports you for leaving the scene of a RTA. If you was behind them and no damage to your car whatsoever I wouldn’t worry too much about it, they will need to prove you caused the accident by tailgating. i probably wouldn’t have called my own insurance company, but it’s done now.
No contact between vehicles? Don't worry. I assume you don't have a dash cam? Pity. I assume you are now going to get a dashcam? Just having one there in the front of the car puts off the chancers. You could have just said.. "it's all on record, I'll show it to the police". If they were serious they would call your bluff, if they were chances they would just go.
Dashcam every time. Even a dummy one that you can point to deals with the con(wo)men just as mrty says
jjmmww16 h, 56 m ago

I'm sure if they claim on there insurance and have your plate there find …I'm sure if they claim on there insurance and have your plate there find you and if you don't have any proof they can go for you maybe?

so guilty until proven innocent? doubt it
If you have his car reg details go and make a report to the police, then if he does become a pain they will know what is going on. People like him need to be locked up but unfortunately if they were the jails would be overflowing with these plastic gangsters, just put it down to a bad hair day and carry on, if that's your first experience then it probably won't be your last, if they had any bottle they would have kicked there and then, so just go and enjoy life and forget about rent a yobs like him.
jjmmww18 h, 6 m ago

I'm sure if they claim on there insurance and have your plate there find …I'm sure if they claim on there insurance and have your plate there find you and if you don't have any proof they can go for you maybe?

Mate they were drifting around the roundabout and lost control. I was waiting at my junction for them to go and I just went after they hit the bollards
st8mike1 h, 10 m ago

If you have his car reg details go and make a report to the police, then …If you have his car reg details go and make a report to the police, then if he does become a pain they will know what is going on. People like him need to be locked up but unfortunately if they were the jails would be overflowing with these plastic gangsters, just put it down to a bad hair day and carry on, if that's your first experience then it probably won't be your last, if they had any bottle they would have kicked there and then, so just go and enjoy life and forget about rent a yobs like him.

Mate they were drifting around the roundabout and lost control. I was waiting at my junction for them to go and I just went after they hit the bollards

I’ve got his reg and it’s on camera too. I’m just worried they’ll find me and kill me
mrty7 h, 55 m ago

No contact between vehicles? Don't worry. I assume you don't have a dash …No contact between vehicles? Don't worry. I assume you don't have a dash cam? Pity. I assume you are now going to get a dashcam? Just having one there in the front of the car puts off the chancers. You could have just said.. "it's all on record, I'll show it to the police". If they were serious they would call your bluff, if they were chances they would just go.

deleted15973449th Mar

The police can obviously as they will just request your details from the …The police can obviously as they will just request your details from the DVLA if the other driver reports you for leaving the scene of a RTA. If you was behind them and no damage to your car whatsoever I wouldn’t worry too much about it, they will need to prove you caused the accident by tailgating. i probably wouldn’t have called my own insurance company, but it’s done now.

I called my own insurance company to make them aware of what happened.
deleted1597344
WestMidlands15 m ago

Mate they were drifting around the roundabout and lost control. I was …Mate they were drifting around the roundabout and lost control. I was waiting at my junction for them to go and I just went after they hit the bollardsI called my own insurance company to make them aware of what happened.

If they were driving like ****** then that’s a police matter and nothing to do with the insurance company. I’m just saying personally I would never have went down the insurance route and just carried on your day as normal. What’s done is done, I just wouldn’t worry about it as the third party have to prove you was involved if they can’t then case closed really.
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 9th Mar
WestMidlands1 h, 8 m ago

Mate they were drifting around the roundabout and lost control. I was …Mate they were drifting around the roundabout and lost control. I was waiting at my junction for them to go and I just went after they hit the bollardsI’ve got his reg and it’s on camera too. I’m just worried they’ll find me and kill me

Like I said, if they were not plastic gangsters they would have started something there and then, just another numpty with a big mouth, ignore it and get on with having a good life.
st8mike1 h, 15 m ago

Like I said, if they were not plastic gangsters they would have started …Like I said, if they were not plastic gangsters they would have started something there and then, just another numpty with a big mouth, ignore it and get on with having a good life.

I wouldn't. I would send in V888 and go hunting.........
You should report the matter to the police and that you witnessed them crash and that they were driving recklessly.
cmdr_elito10 m ago

You should report the matter to the police and that you witnessed them …You should report the matter to the police and that you witnessed them crash and that they were driving recklessly.

This and give them a copy of the footage aswell.
Don't worry over nothing, people tend to try and look big in front of other folks, especially if their mates are about.
I wouldn't have told insurance, it maybe flagged up you were involved in a accident. But you live and learn.

I have had death threats in front of police, threatened to be stabbed, pigeon chests strutting about in my space, nothing ever happens, water off a ducks back. As someone else said If anyone's going to do anything 90% of the time they do it the and then.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions