Can someone give me some advice on the layout of a website?

24 replies
Found 13th Sep 2009
We're looking at creating a website in the coming weeks and was hoping if someone can give us some pointers of where certain aspects should be to maximise the sites full potential.

24 Comments

are you designing it yourself, or getting someone to do it for you

what do you want the site to do
what are you wanting to promote/sell
how much are you spending on site

Original Poster

Disco;6283554

are you designing it yourself, or getting someone to do it for youwhat do … are you designing it yourself, or getting someone to do it for youwhat do you want the site to dowhat are you wanting to promote/sellhow much are you spending on site

A friend is creating the site but I'm not the best person in the world to perform the layout.

Basically, I'm looking to showcase pics of previous builders work and showcase the aspects that make us stand out from the rest, any ideas of how this should be laid out and any other ideas to maximise its potential?

tsk tsk tsk murat :lol:

already told you this

Original Poster

faevilangel;6283586

tsk tsk tsk M :lol:already told you this

Did you? lol

realfriendlyman;6283614

Did you? lol

yas now if you realised where msn was i could explain it again :whistling:

armstrongbuild.com is an example of a builders site

Original Poster

faevilangel;6283642

yas now if you realised where msn was i could explain it again … yas now if you realised where msn was i could explain it again :whistling:

I have an idea of what I want but I want it to be better than what I can picture, if that makes sense? :giggle:

peodude;6283768

http://www.armstrongbuild.com is an example of a builders site

Cheers mate, is there any better ones out there that you can think of that looks really professional and any aspects you can think of that would be important to you before you choose a building firm?

realfriendlyman;6283979

I have an idea of what I want but I want it to be better than what I can … I have an idea of what I want but I want it to be better than what I can picture, if that makes sense? :giggle:

if you reduce what you want, i can make it better

faevilangel;6284003

if you reduce what you want, i can make it better

ClarityofMind;6284048

random :roll: thats known as trolling :whistling:

faevilangel;6284062

random :roll: thats known as trolling :whistling:

I'm not feeling well :?

Besides it was a comment on your websites lol x

ClarityofMind;6284075

I'm not feeling well :?Besides it was a comment on your websites lol x

lol you never seen any :w00t:

go lay down :x

faevilangel;6284098

lol you never seen any :w00t:go lay down :x

im so sick of everyone tellin me to lay down lol

no RFM, Fae can fix the website. He's a bore with em

ClarityofMind;6284106

im so sick of everyone tellin me to lay down lolno RFM, Fae can fix the … im so sick of everyone tellin me to lay down lolno RFM, Fae can fix the website. He's a bore with em

im talented ;-)

do as i say ffs :x:p

faevilangel;6284175

im talented ;-)do as i say ffs :x:p

you're such a charmer

Original Poster

faevilangel;6284175

im talented ;-)do as i say ffs :x:p

Are you always this bossy? lol

ClarityofMind;6284201

you're such a charmer

Tell me about it....the power has gone to his head. :giggle:

ClarityofMind;6284201

you're such a charmer

wait till im drunk :w00t:

realfriendlyman;6284242

Are you always this bossy? lol

yes :x:p

Original Poster

faevilangel;6284246

wait till im drunk :w00t:

I've seen you drunk....and for the last time....I will not take my clothes off for you. :x

faevilangel;6284260

yes :x:p

See....again with the demands....the clothes remain on ffs :roll:

lol

realfriendlyman;6284275

I've seen you drunk....and for the last time....I will not take my … I've seen you drunk....and for the last time....I will not take my clothes off for you. :xSee....again with the demands....the clothes remain on ffs :roll:lol

dreaming boy....... Im always gonna go for women

realfriendlyman;6284242

Are you always this bossy? lolTell me about it....the power has gone to … Are you always this bossy? lolTell me about it....the power has gone to his head. :giggle:

He's so grumpy lately!!

ClarityofMind;6284499

He's so grumpy lately!!

only on here :whistling::p

faevilangel;6284551

only on here :whistling::p

pfffft

realfriendlyman;6283979

Cheers mate, is there any better ones out there that you can think of … Cheers mate, is there any better ones out there that you can think of that looks really professional and any aspects you can think of that would be important to you before you choose a building firm?

Are you saying that one doesn't look professional, my housemate spent 6 months on that :giggle:

Erm, what would i want, i don't know, obviously a portfolio, off what builds he has done, maybe each one having a little statement from the owner to say what they thought and how it went. We had a builder from hell build our kitchen/garage extension, but after photo's show it just fine and you wouldn't know, hence the statements from the owners to express their gratitude. I guess you'd leave the negative ones off, lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710967
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247555
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769191
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624

See more discussions