Found 22nd Sep 2008
I am trying to connect my new printer to my laptop, i have brought the lead you guys helped me buy and now im following all the instructions in the manual but after connecting the usb cable to printer and laptop it says that installation will continue automatically but i have been waiting for ages now, no luck. What should i do? After installation the on-line registration is supposed to come on but nothing is happening.please help

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

Banned

try and print something. it may have installed correctly.

Banned

i know when i installed my epson the firewall needed turning off whilst installing

Original Poster

just tried to print something off but nothing is happening and im not sure what a firewall is sorry.

Banned

what printer are you trying to install, and has it told you to turn firwall off or pop up blockers etc,etc

Have you got an installation cd?

Original Poster

trying to install the brother dc-135c and no it has not told me to turn off firewall or pop up blokers or anything like that

Original Poster

i have been using the installation cd

rumela;3022916

i have been using the installation cd

Did you connect the printer before or after using the cd?

Banned

rumela;3022912

trying to install the brother dc-135c and no it has not told me to turn … trying to install the brother dc-135c and no it has not told me to turn off firewall or pop up blokers or anything like that

sorry i dont know then, hang in there someone will come along that will be able to help, good luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thank you sassie, and cuzzy i connected the printer after using the installation cd, as prompted.

rumela;3022936

thank you sassie, and cuzzy i connected the printer after using the … thank you sassie, and cuzzy i connected the printer after using the installation cd, as prompted.

The only other thing I can think of is if you are trying to install older software (xp) onto a computer running Vista, you could try downloading printer drivers direct from manufacturers site.

Original Poster

I'll try that thank you for your help.

you did switch it on? soz but had to ask

Original Poster

i did, yes!

Original Poster

I just phoned the company and they said to disable any antiviruses and firewall but they will not tell me how to do it, will anybody share their expertise please?

Banned

what firewall and antivirus do you have

Original Poster

Im not sure what a firewall is and for the antiviuses i just have the avast, i think. sorry for the ignorance.

Banned

as you are on vista i am just presuming you have a windows firwall, i have xp so not up on vista, but in xp you got to start, control panel and security

Original Poster

im not on vista, i have windows xp

Banned

rumela;3023140

im not on vista, i have windows xp

if you dont have vista and dont know what a firewall is then you probably dont have one.

which means anyone with a bit of knowledge can get on to your pc and steal anything they like or put a keylogger on your pc. I hope you dont do any personal banking etc on your pc.

Original Poster

I have windows xp. I have just disabled the firewall and avast antivirus so hope it works now but i have a feeling i have avira antivir and i will need to diable that but dont know how to.

Banned

rumela;3023341

I have windows xp. I have just disabled the firewall and avast antivirus … I have windows xp. I have just disabled the firewall and avast antivirus so hope it works now but i have a feeling i have avira antivir and i will need to diable that but dont know how to.

if you have avira then UNINSTALL it. you should NEVER have two antivirus programs on one pc. its slows it down and causes conflicts.

Original Poster

how do i uninstall it, i went onto the control panel but it says that avira is on but does ot give me any options to uninstall or turn it off

rumela;3023545

how do i uninstall it, i went onto the control panel but it says that … how do i uninstall it, i went onto the control panel but it says that avira is on but does ot give me any options to uninstall or turn it off

in control panel go into add/remove programs, click on avira then the remove button should light up
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for Cineworld 2d voucher22
    2. dakine backpacks44
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed445
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…78

See more discussions